LILY ALLEN + BIPOLAR SUNSHINE | IBIZA ROCKS | 25/06/14

McRackin

Super Moderator
There was so much anticipation for this one, as expected with the presence of Lily Allen, and I doubt very much anyone left disappointed.

001+-+copia.JPG

Adio Marchant, aka Bipolar Sunshine, used to be a co-vocalist for the Indie-Ska combo Kid British and has released three EP's so far as a solo artist, now more in a Electro-Soul vein.

The Manchester-born artist gave us a good taste of his beautiful music, including the huge new single "Deckchairs On The Moon", "Rivers", "Where Did The Love Go?" and other songs that will be part of his debut album, which should be out this winter.

Definitely one to keep an eye on as I bet there's bigger and even better things to come from him... loved it!

125+-+copia.JPG

"I was in a hostel in San Antonio by myself, working for this records shop called Plastic Fantastic and selling E's", remembers Lily Allen when talking about her wild summer in Ibiza at the tender age of sixteen that put her on the path to success. A dozen of years later she came back to San Antonio as an international Pop star to play at Ibiza Rocks.

The provocative English singer, actress and television presenter (who will be playing at the prestigious Glastonbury festival tomorrow) is currently touring in support of her recently released Sheezus, from which she played the brilliant "Hard Out Here", the album's self-titled track, "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane (that we had the privilege to see in that stage back in 2009), "URL Badman" and "Our Time" among others. From the previous two albums (Alright Still - 2006 and It's Not Me, It's You - 2009), "Everyone's At It" (it being drugs, obvs!), "Smile" and "Littlest Things" were probably the most well-received. Her unofficial World Cup song "Bass Like Home" was performed too right before finishing with her biggest hit to date, "The Fear".

Funny, highly entertaining and with good banter between songs... think what you will about her but she got talent and that's a fact!

166+-+copia.JPG

The golf player Rory McIlroy was there along, I'm sure, many other famous faces. The fun continued at Ibiza Rocks House, where we briefly spotted this week's star who popped in for a quick drink but didn't stay for the bathtub karaoke (as John Newman did last week) and the usual shenanigans...

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

^ ^ I think she's a lot more than a banal celeb...
Anyway, looking forward to Cheryl Cole's performances at Ibiza Rocks and the Pyramid stage at Glasto next year.

B.S.'s drummer said:
#IbizaRocks was knockout.

10508073_284934768352439_1213387730_n.jpg

Bipolar Sunshine said:
Catching jokes with the one and only Lily Allen at Ibiza Rocks. Next up Glastonbury Festival! Now where are my wellies!?!?!

10489862_662980200422146_3416581982490713083_n.jpg

Bipolar Sunshine said:
Last night was wild !! can't remember much about it except singing prince Karaoke style a in Hot Tub enjoy my bad rendition

Video

Bipolar Sunshine said:
had a sick time .. hopefully see you next year

I've seen Lily twice live and she's actually quite a decent performer. I could see her going over well at Ibiza Rocks too.

Back