What is "your" average day like staying in Ibiza town or Playa d'en bossa?

Pete

Hi,

For the last 17 years we have always stayed in the quieter outskirts of San an.

We always do at least 2 big club nights + go to Ibiza town and Playa d'en bossa (Bora Bora)for a day.

In San an:
We get up about 8 / 10 for breakfast if we hadn't been out for a messy one the night before.
wander off to a quiet beach with a roll and fruit for lunch,
wander back via golden buddha for a few drinks,
Back to the hotel to shower and change.
Back for a few more drinks on sunset strip,
into San an for a bite to eat at 10ish
then off to Itica / Bar M 'til about 1am ish.

This is a "normal" day for us.

for 2015 we are thinking of booking Ibiza town or Playa d'en bossa,

Just wondered what everyone's "normal" day consists of when you have stayed in Ibiza town or Playa d'en bossa?

Similar non clubbing day to us, although we have a car and normally take a trip elsewhere for the day for lunch (Ibiza Town, Salinas, Santa Gertudis are regular haunts)

I like visiting Ibiza Town, but wouldn't honestly want to stay there (or PDB)

Each to their own, I just prefer the more traditional vibe in San An, with more places to go for a meal drink when not out clubbing and a good mixture of more genuine people.

I don't like what PDB has become, a five star resort where it is all about being seen rather than enjoying yourself. There is obviously a market for it, but just not for me Im afraid and as far removed from the Ibiza I knew when I first started visiting.

Anything I want to go clubbing to is a taxi away and a max of £20 there and back, so an extra £10 per person if splitting between four for a return journey. I actually quite enjoy the taxi journey as part of the experience (especially when you are all in a state coming back and chatting nonsense about how good the night was!) and it only takes 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Also, if you are prepared to look in San Antonio, there are some great traditional local bars and restaurants off the side streets where you could be anywhere in Spain. We spent a lot of time eating and drinking in these places this year and it was great value for money and had a really nice vibe to it. As far removed from that one street 'the west end' that everyone's thinks is San Antonio.

Sorry if this is turning to another San An v anywhere else type thread. I fully understand everyone has there preferences and I am just trying to explain mine if it may help someone when making a decision for their own trip.

thing is, the original poster did ask for what people do in pdb. the original subject was never about 'pdb or san an', but it's funny how it always turns into exactly this eh? stick to what was asked and the original poster gets the info he wanted. shouldn't be too difficult.

Well a typical day for me in PDB is...
Get up at the crack of noon, assemble crew, grab beach stuff and head somewhere for breakfast. Usually do the beach from 2 to 5pm, back up to room to get showered, meet up again in the lobby and get dinner. Then pick up club tix/cigs/booze and head back to the room for about 8pm for pre drinks and tunes. We'd prob then head out about 11pm and go to a bar on the strip for more drinks before heading to a club at say 2am.

thing is, the original poster did ask for what people do in pdb. the original subject was never about 'pdb or san an', but it's funny how it always turns into exactly this eh? stick to what was asked and the original poster gets the info he wanted. shouldn't be too difficult.

Ok then. Sorry, can't help you Pete.

Well a typical day for me in PDB is...
Get up at the crack of noon, assemble crew, grab beach stuff and head somewhere for breakfast. Usually do the beach from 2 to 5pm, back up to room to get showered, meet up again in the lobby and get dinner. Then pick up club tix/cigs/booze and head back to the room for about 8pm for pre drinks and tunes. We'd prob then head out about 11pm and go to a bar on the strip for more drinks before heading to a club at say 2am.
Very standard, that's exactly what all the like minded individuals say.....isn't it ?

Only stayed in Bossa once, usually in San An like yourself-

Get up around dinner, head to Passion for beakfast-highly recommended for full breakfast/or something light, lots of people there from people just out of clubs to normal tourists.

Get some beers (never buy enough) go and sit outside bora bora/jet to see what the atmosphere is like, if it's good stay there, if not walk south down the beach checking the other beach bars out and generally frolicking in the sea!

Salade from Spar and some fruit, buy more beer.

Back to Bora Bora, home for a shower bottle of wine, then some food near the strip see if there's anything knocking about and then go the street where the bars are running down towards Sankeys. Plenty of offers on drinks.

Taxi/walk to club.

Walking out of Space and thinking, just a short walk round the corner...

Still like both resorts, but i'll be heading to Bossa again next year

Thanks for all the great advice guys and gals!!!

I do like to visit PDB but love a more intimate beach and restaurants and there are some fantastic ones around San An if you look for them and avoid the west end.

I have never found it to be too far out and now they have the disco bus going to all the big clubs without changing in town, so good!!!

We even got the bus to and from the airport this year.

I think Portinatx would be too far out.

When we go to PDB there are a lot of cool, nice people from around the world but also a lot of "west end wankers" too.

I visit some places in San An in 1 week more than I do in my home town so was starting to look for different but after everyones comments I think I had better book San An and a Car for 2015 :)

Never been to some of the places you suggested Dirk Bigler but they are on our 2015 list.

:)

tend to drive out of pdb and investigate other beach options for the day but sometimes pdb beach does the job as it is a giant sand beach with tunes and burdz (see wayne18uk's posts for tips on this matter).

Not that I don't like the place but i tend to get outa there during the day as it can get abit much sometimes. I think if i could afford it id love to stay at the boutique hostel salinas for a good balance of location and peace

When we go to PDB there are a lot of cool, nice people from around the world but also a lot of "west end wankers" too.
:)

One of my main reasons for going to PDB, more people from different parts of Europe and I don't see the ones I came over in the plane with until I go home again haha.

Forgot to add that you can get the boat to formentera from the beach on playa den bossa, walk to ibiza town and go to the water park....

Back