The Only Way is Essex

Dirk

Not seen it mentioned yet? Read today that searches for Ibiza are up 110% since it has been on. Will attract all the wrong type of people IMO.

I have to blank these type of out of my mind. Even still, lets hope they travel in August.

If they stay contained in Ocean beach club I'll be happy. Viewers of towie don't seem to be cocoon types thank god!

But they will occupy accomodation for the "right" crowd. They will be visiting "wrong" places. The "right" places will suffer as their crowd has no accomodation or even worse, do not even get plane tickets to fly in. Promoters of the "right" places will suffer strong and look at the "wrong" places to see what they are doing better. In the end they will copy the concept and then we have 100% trash and not only 80% as today.

Its a downward spiral nobody can stop.

It amazes me how long it has taken them (the new prospective punters) to catch on to the place.

Steak N Shake will be putting up their prices and we will all be tagging along with @craig72, his missus and two children in mid October to avoid them all.

Mostly German,Dutch and Scandinavian peoples on ibiza right now . We're at sal rossa still quite busy and im sure we're the only Irish people here now and a few elderly English gents. Salsa class last night around the pool was very entertaining watching from the balcony.

The funny thing is you do see the cast members at the decent nights, That Tom Pearce was on the dancefloor at Music On & Paradise when i attended, also spotted Joey Essex in Circo last year. But i guess ITV isn't interested in showing that.

I used to sing in a restaurant owned by a relative of one of these untalented unskilled celebrities, at one point he advertised an evening of meet the stars of the only way is ....

It packed the place, I can't believe how much delight people attained from seeing a girl off the telly who a camera Crew had been following to the dentist, top shop, boob surgeon etc, incredible that they did a series featuring the restaurant owner too,

These shows, the desire to be something you are not, VIPs? Are all that is wrong with society at the moment, why don't the fans of these shows paint the fence and sit and watch it dry?

Watched this against my better judgement and was amazed at how little they actually showed of Ibiza, it was basically just the cast sat in their villa and in a restaurant talking about their inane lives! Seemed a complete waste of time leaving Essex!

If it brings people to the island , it's all good!

What type of people?

The faux rich who will push prices up across the board. I doubt though that if you have a nice little bar/cafe in say (for example) St Eularia that you would benefit from this potential in increased income.

I think your wrong , I'm a resident of Santa e and I'm benifiting from it.
San an has had a poor year, whoever wants to come rich poor it all helps the island.
You could say Ibiza uncovered harmed the island , I think it was a great advert.

Thankfully I can't imagine clubs such as DC10, Amnesia etc would allow TOWIE to be filmed at their clubs. The only club filmed in the episode I was was Es Paradis - which I doubt could turn down the publicity after the quieter summer in San An.

Thankfully I can't imagine clubs such as DC10, Amnesia etc would allow TOWIE to be filmed at their clubs. The only club filmed in the episode I was was Es Paradis - which I doubt could turn down the publicity after the quieter summer in San An.

I wouldn't take a bet on that.

Paris Hilton or TOWIE, I would certainly go with TOWIE as they have so much more class.

I wonder who they filmed it in EsParadis, do you think they had full reign of the club before it opened, and just opened it up to extras, as it didnt seem like the club was in full flow, maybe it was opened at sunset so it looked dark and the night was in full flow, then allowed them to film before the club actually opened it doors

I think your wrong , I'm a resident of Santa e and I'm benifiting from it.
San an has had a poor year, whoever wants to come rich poor it all helps the island.
You could say Ibiza uncovered harmed the island , I think it was a great advert.

Well they must be going somewhere, San An have had a poor year but where are they staying? Numbers are up at the airport and hotels were full.

My original point is what type of people does it attract? I'm genuinely glad that you are benefiting from it, but from my point of view, flight prices, hotel prices and champagne to spray over my mates have all increased above inflation.

Back