Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2014

Dates: 9-16 Aug

Stayed: 12 person Villa on the main road in to Playa D'en Bossa- Spacious, very central but fairly dated décor and NO A/C, was blisteringly hot even at night

9/8 Zoo Project Fantastic, love the vibe as the sun sets and everyone gets in to it

9/8 Pure Pacha Very very busy as usual for August, not really my thing but my friends wanted to go, spent most of the night on the terrace where there was more space and better quality music

10/8 We Love @Space Ibiza Didn't really know what to expect, didn't recognise many names on the line up, was really good, if a little too busy, once it started to thin out around 4am was more comfortable and better vibe

11/8 Duke Dumont @ Sankeys Was ridiculously busy until Duke Dumont finished and full of people that seemed to have come just to record Need U. Was pretty tired after 3 days of partying hard and an afternoon on the Star Boats

12/8 Together @ Amnesia and Pukka Up boat party combo Was pleasantly surprised by Pukka Up boat party, expected pure cheese, but was a fairly respectable set list, pretty commercial but at least no Avicii/SHM/EDM.

13/8 Well deserved rest day. Ate at Steak n Shake, very good, definitely great value for money and a damn site better than BK/MacDs

14/8 Cream @ Amnesia So busy couldnt even get in to the terrace for Calvin Harris, enjoyed Mat Zo and surprisingly Above & Beyond, was nearly as bad as i expected (also visited Benirras beach in the day, well worth the trip)

15/8 W.A.R @ Ibiza Rocks Good, if predictable set by Sigma, severely disappointed by Zane Lowe, played 99% EDM, last time i saw him was a few years ago and best thing about seeing him was the eclectic range of music. The rest of the crowd seemed to enjoy it but it was garbage to me

Best night: We Love Space: Loco Dice takeover

Worst night: W.A.R

Best bar: Elements @ Benirras Beach

Biggest regret: Not making DC-10 or Cova Santa, most of the group were Ibz virgins so had to do the biggest nights instead

Going back: Yes! But probably for a long weekend with some friends who are more into the underground stuff

Top Tip: Dont forget to eat! even if you really aren't feeling it, you need to refuel

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 10th Aug - 15th Aug

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sal Rossa Apts, PDB - Nice, Clean and Friendly

Club nights visited: Circo Loco, Tini's free party, Diynamic Outdoors and Enter
Best night: Diynamic at Cova Santa, best ibiza vibe in years for me :)

Worst night: Sunday when we arrived, was sick and didnt make space with my wife and friends :(

Best bar: didnt do alot of bars

Best place to eat: New Jamaican place just down street from Ibiza Rocks PDB (forget name sorry)

Money spent: £1,800 between 2 of us

Biggest regret: Not getting a car AGAIN! but i suppose it was only 5 days

Going back?: Yes

Top tip: Get to as many free parties on the beach as possible and defo goto Cova Santa if there is something on whilst there...​

Dates you were there: August 10 - 21
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Francisco Apartments, San Antonio

Club nights visited:
Amnesia Presents @ Amnesia; Toolroom Knights @ Booom; Carl Cox @ Space; Mass Bass @ Privilege; Music On @ Amnesia; I Am Hardwell @ Ushuaia; Miles Kane @ Ibiza Rocks

Best night:
Carl Cox @ Space (by far)

Worst night:
Tough one. Didn't like Mass Bass at all. Also was not keen on Amnesia Presents, nor did I like Hardwell (but I like Ushuaia). Had a horror night at Miles Kane, but my own fault.

Best bar:
I quite enjoyed having a few cocktails @ Kanya for the sunset 1 night & had half price on certain cocktails.

Best place to eat:
I budgeted and just ate at Ohio most of time. Still nice food, especially for the price.

Money spent:
~1,600 (but also an additional 400, story for another time)

Biggest regret:
Doing 400e worth of damage to apartment

Going back?:
Doubt I will any time soon

Top tip:
Hit Bora Bora for a daytime party

Dates you were there: 21st - 25th August
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio Bay, Aparthotel Rosamar
Club nights visited: The Electric Tiger Cave@ Pikes, Glitterbox @ Booom
Best night: Pikes, great surroundings, good tunes, good mixed crowd, karaeoke in the bath, top night!
Worst night: Didnt have a bad night! some nights were quieter but certainly not worse , just different
Best bar: I would say The Rock Bar, Puerto de Eivissa, the gf loved Bay Bar San An. Reggae Beach bar San An was a great surprise loved that during the day
Best place to eat: Amante was a great spectacular setting, and really nice food. But we thought Tapas Bar San An was just a little better food wise.
Money spent: havent added it up yet, dont want to really, estimate 1200-1500 euros spent, then our flights, hotel , car
Biggest regret: Not making Wax Da Jam after Amante, we'd had too long a day after flying over early and were too sleepy
Going back?: Most likely. We find its still got that magic something, I find it in less places now than before, but still got plenty Id like to do , which means more trips!
Top tip: Been said by so many, but hire a car. we visited lots of places we just wouldnt have without it.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 22nd- 30th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sal Rossa, playa den bossa - awesome apartments.

Club nights visited:

Tribal @ Sankeys
Enter @ Space
Music On @ Amnesia
Cocoon @ Amnesia
Circoloco @ DC10
El Row/Kehakuma @ Space
tINI and the gang

Best night: I loved the tINI and the gang beach party! Enter was brilliant as always! Hmmmmm....best night for me
though was probabaly Music On! Joseph Capriati christened it! Was superb.

Worst night: I had no worst night!

Best bar: Our fridge!

Best place to eat: One of the restaurants at Beniras! Can't rememeber the name. Had pizza there before too, decent prices!

Money spent: Approx £1000

Biggest regret: Kicking the ass out of it! Going mental every night really takes it out of you :(

Going back?: Yes! Round 2 in just over 2 weeks time .....yay

Top tip: Explore the island! Don't go out every single night and kick the ass out of it.....pace yourself! Choose your big club nights wisely. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, take vitamins and 5-HTP! Try not to sleep all day. Go to as many free daytime beach parties as possible! Be nice to everyone. Go a walk yourself on your last day along the beach early evening (when it's a little quieter)....embrace the beautiful surroundings and reflect on your experience :)!

At Beniras u got Elements on the right & Restaurant 2000 on the left.
We choose Restaurant 2000 as they dont make paella at elements Restaurant...

I'm sure it was the one left closest to the water! Their pizza is amazing. You can also take it away....the restaurant was too busy last year so we got take away pizza and lay on the beach watching the stars!

Dates you were there: 30th Aug to 13th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jabeque Appartments PdB/Figueretas

Club nights visited: El Row @space

We Love @ Space twice

ASOT @ Ushuaia twice (sort of)

Best night: I loved El Row

Worst night: Second ASOT because i couldn't be bothered and left after half an hour

Best bar: We didn't really do bars this time tbh

Best place to eat: Loved Home Loos for Tapas and Makkeroni for the pizza

Money spent: 3,000 Euros spending cash, £200 flights and £1200 accomodation

Biggest regret: We had loads of nights planned including Supermartxe, Departures closing, Coxy @ Space, Trance party at the Zoo, Cream at least once, Markus closing @ Amnesia and tbh we just couldn't be bothered or were feeling a bit rough. I've definitely hung up my clubbing boots and enjoyed a more chilled out holiday this time round

Going back?: Probably not but who knows

Top tip:

Dates you were there: 30th Aug to 13th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jabeque Appartments PdB/Figueretas

Club nights visited: El Row @space

We Love @ Space twice

ASOT @ Ushuaia twice (sort of)

Best night: I loved El Row

Worst night: Second ASOT because i couldn't be bothered and left after half an hour

Best bar: We didn't really do bars this time tbh

Best place to eat: Loved Home Loos for Tapas and Makkeroni for the pizza

Money spent: 3,000 Euros spending cash, £200 flights and £1200 accomodation

Biggest regret: We had loads of nights planned including Supermartxe, Departures closing, Coxy @ Space, Trance party at the Zoo, Cream at least once, Markus closing @ Amnesia and tbh we just couldn't be bothered or were feeling a bit rough. I've definitely hung up my clubbing boots and enjoyed a more chilled out holiday this time round

Going back?: Probably not but who knows

Top tip:

Going on sunday and staying at Jabeque for a week...is it decent enough?

Going on sunday and staying at Jabeque for a week...is it decent enough?

Yeah probably one of my favourite places I've stayed in 20 odd visits. Great location, we had an amazing room with a great view (401) clean, good sized rooms, great staff, good double pool area, breakfast and drinks good value. I can't fault it tbh

Yeah probably one of my favourite places I've stayed in 20 odd visits. Great location, we had an amazing room with a great view (401) clean, good sized rooms, great staff, good double pool area, breakfast and drinks good value. I can't fault it tbh

Cheers mate, that sounds spot on!

Dates you were there: 9th Sept - 16th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa Den Bossa, Bossa Blanco Apts then Royal Beach Apts

Club nights visited: Revolution, Space
Paradise, DC10
Diynamic, Sands
Enter, Space
Soul heaven, Ocean Beach
Glitterbox, Boom
We Love Sundays, Space
Cocoon, Amnesia

Best night: Cocoon. Others were very good also (Enter in particular) but the mixture of great crowd, soundsystem, DJs and the old guy selling chuppa chups near the loo's made it for me.

Worst night: Paradise. Wasn't impressed by DC10 at all (though the garden area was nice). I guess Circo Loco would have been the better night but the main room was far too rammed, the soundsystem didn't sound great and one particular DJ's set in the other room was just awful.

Best Bar: Didn't actually go to too many. Better off buying booze in the supermarkets.

Best place to eat: Ibiza Rocks bar. Chicken Pitta from there was amazing.

Money spent: £900 (£1900 including money that was stolen on our first night there)

Biggest regret: Booking Bossa Blanco Apartments. Our apartment was broken into on the first night (door forced open by crowbar or screwdriver) and our safe broken into. All of our cash was stolen as was a lot of clothes, valuables and suitcases. We found out the day after that at least 2 other places had been broken into on that complex the same week. Some people were asleep in their beds when it happened. The complex was easy pickings as the fence to the beach was pretty low and there were no security guards or cameras covering the complex. The second place we stayed (at royal beach) was amazing. Top floor apartment, 24hr concierge and security cameras covering the whole place.

Going back?: Definitely. Will be returning for my 30th during the closing parties.

Top tip: Pace yourself with everything that you might be doing. Drink supermarket booze as much as possible (10 euros for a bottle of smirnoff in spar, 1.30 euros for a litre bottle of beer). Fanta lemon is the best mixer.

We stayed in apartments and they only had buildings insurance. I can claim back some money through my holiday insurance but only 300 quid in cash and about 120 for the clothes. Not the full amount but at least it's some. I'll know better for next time too.

Dates you were there: 14th Sept - 21st Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ebano Apts, PDB, reasonable enough with a good chilled out pool area.

Club nights visited:

Circo Loco @ DC10, Carl Cox @ Space, Tini and the Gang @ Sands then @ Underground afters, Diynamic Outdoors @ Destino and afters @ TOX, EL Row @ Space.
Best Night - DC10 or Destino

Worst night: El Row was dissapointing

Best bar: Had a few enjoyable pints at Bora Bora

Best place to eat: Full Rack of Ribs from Ibiza Rocks hit the spot!

Money spent: Approx between £2K between 2

Biggest regret: None

Going back?: Next year no doubt...

Top tip: i always moaned in the past about not getting a car but i was never in any real condition to drive anyways so i got taxi's to benarris and Es Vedra this time round which i loved..... oh and try meet stivi when there, me and my sis met him at DC10....a top bloke and he helped us on phone when stuck in the middle of nowhere one night, just a pity we didnt meet up again...

Dates you were there: 14th-21st September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ebano Apartments, Playa den Bossa (recommended- good location, fair price, great pool area, massive balcony)

Club nights visited: Circoloco @ DC10, Carl Cox Revolution @ Space, tINI and the Gang @ Sands then Underground afters, Diynamic Outdoors @ Destino and afters @ TOX, EL Row @ Space.

Best night: Circoloco - Carl Cox smashed it, plenty of room to dance too as he was on fairly early!

Worst night: El Row (only because DJ Harvey wasn't great - just depends who is DJing!)

Best bar: Had some nice cocktails at Benirras

Best place to eat: amazing pizza out of the restaurant across from Ebano apartments!

Money spent: Approx 1k

Biggest regret: none!

Going back?: Definitely. Hope to move one day.....

Top tip: As I said before - explore the island! Don't go out every single night and kick the ass out of it.....pace yourself! Choose your big club nights wisely. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, take vitamins and 5-HTP! Try not to sleep all day. Go to as many free daytime beach parties as possible! Be nice to everyone. Go a walk yourself on your last day along the beach early evening (when it's a little quieter)....embrace the beautiful surroundings and reflect on your experience :)!

Back