Ibiza on a shoestring?

Problem with Clubbing & Camping is that you have to sleep when it's day! So its 35c in the tent in the morning!

Problem with Clubbing & Camping is that you have to sleep when it's day! So its 35c in the tent in the morning!

exactly. you need to find a spot very much in the shade else you'll roast yourself. if it's in june or september i'd say it should be alright, but in july and august camping in ibiza is tough IMO.

Comedy gold to be fair! The mental picture of a committed holiday maker hunched over in the middle of a square or beach heating tinned potatoes reminds me of the hardy souls who would take a windbreak to their freezing British seaside holidays in the 50s and 60s for some reason?!

The replies were harsh but hilarious particularly LeeT's.

I'm far too lazy to be a saver unfortunately.

Beyond drinking your own booze and making your own food theres not a massive amount you can do to save money out there. if you don't want to pay to go to the big clubs then you could probably have an equally decent holiday for half the price somewhere like Magaluf, Benidorm, tenerife etc.

Stay in a few weekends and save your money. I know i'd rather stay in at home if it means i get to go out 6/7 nights in Ibiza and not have to worry about being organised enough to catch buses or pester PRs for their wristbands and drinks tokens

Last time I was in any the big clubs was 1996 renaissance for john digweed and fathers of sound can vaguely remember been in space 2000/01 and still go back every year 2 or 3 times mostly out of season. It would probably be the last place id go to for a clubbing holiday if i was 21 again to be honest . But we're going now in couple of weeks and I'm as excited now as ever.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, of course Ibiza is still a unique place to go even without the super clubs but if you're going to eat and drink in your room and make it no further than the west end then might as well be anywhere in Spain.

There is some gueslists of course not the big parties such as Cox Enter, Pacha parties,DC10 , Ushuaia unless you know people working in these clubs or a friend of a friend working in these clubs...just saw a gueslist for flower power at pacha but it was one time shot & not every tuesday even the dj that gave the guestlist is a resident......
a French hot girl , ibz virgin in my contacts went nearly to all parties for free ibz summer 2014 (dc10 circo loco guestlist )as a hot girl ,she met the right guy living in Ibiza eg a french dj guy that did not accept me on his fb (even we got 72 common contacts from Ibiza )because i m not enough hot for him :lol:...i just notice that many cute french girls on my fb contacts went nearly to all parties for free & the after parties too ....It's easy for girls to get gueslist :D
There is time where you can save money , eg avoid having booze in big clubs (only water or soft drinks)& time where u can enjoy good cocktail in lovely place such as in front of the sea such has Amante beach club or in blue Marlin as entrance is free...things to balance, ok it's holydays, you save money for it but it does not mean that you have to spread some money :rolleyes:...7 weeks to 2 months in Ibiza each year is a budget :eek:...even though i don't spread money....there is Time you can enjoy local restaurants & time to make sandwiches because you don't have time to eat ...

The only clubs with free wristbands are the terrible ones like Eden etc. Then again I suppose you could go mine-sweeping in those venues and hey if you get lucky they may be spiked with something. Jobs a guddun.
Minesweeping, theres a blast from the past. I remember when I was 18,(few years ago:(), in a Birmingham club, my mate kept having his beers nicked when going for a piss, leaving his pint outside on the table. he got f***ed off and took a near empty glass in the bogs with him, pissed in the pint glass, then went outside, placed it on the same table. We waited by the table outside the bogs, then these lads came over to table, picked a couple of bottles of beer while one of the lads had my mates pint of carling premier piss with a slight head on it aswell, we even watched him take a good mouthful of it, enjoy:)

This summer , can go for free to privilege party such as Reverse World, Defected & Suara parties @ Booom , matinée & la troya at amnesia...cafe olé at space, some gueslist for we love sunday (my friend that work at space offered me 2 gueslist for we love opening & el row opening, i feel embarassed to ask..ill give him a gift as i will see him Ibz 2015 he made me saving 80€...) Vintage(Price is 70€ with a drink ) & So cool parties @ Lio ...but i can only put people that hang with me in Ibiza...can 't spread it to the world ...& it's a win to win trade..it's over the time(i change my mind since Ibiza 2014) when i put people on guestlist at space,making free rides with my car & they are not thankful to you :rolleyes: (not all but some :eek:)...Ibiza is la f***in isla del dinero but he won't fool me again :lol:

Hi Craig..can't plan Ibz 15 this year :cry: Btw, im in touch with some Spotlights as Azibi1(number 1 rank),Fusion(cool Ibz vet party guy :lol:) (i forget the pseudo of the others, but we r in touch through FB Uk,Netherland, Israel,Germany ....) (Ive been asked to go with a french girl early june , sharing her location, she had a car but ive declined :cry:,azibi1 too for aug 15...Fusion for the openin closin..some for july.... r & in Paris/France im in touch with many people willing to go to Ibz with me as they know that they will enjoy the most with an Ibz vet party people :oops:)(Nearly all the ibz Dj local scene is on my Fb now, it helps to be aware of underground parties :cool:))
It's hard to find trustful Soulmate that can follow you all day & not some people for just 5mn to a few hours as i've experienced with some spotlight members(Ok its nice to see some spotlight members but each has their schedule plan, because of music taste, & so on..
i gave up with the meeetup as it was a mess ...better get in touch with some people,swap numbers & plan meetup once there. you need only one soulmate/true Ibiza lovers & then u can meet more people ,spotlight or not, but now i got so many contacts i guess i wont need to make posts for meetup.
Ive just noticed that the guestlists are hard to get in comparison to the previous years :confused:...No more Suara , Defected, cafe ole, Ants guestlists,la Troya, ....Not a big deal as i will avoid big clubs ...gettin too old for all this crap lol

Enjoy Ibiza 15 ;)

Great to hear from you Gp. Sure miss your post and you trying meet up with people always made me chuckle. Won't be over until mid October with the family so usually get to go to some of the beach bar closings for a few hours and happy wirh that.:) Paris trip planned for December so I might hit you up.

I gave up the parties in Paris this year but i may give you valuable info for ur Paris 's trip...

To stick to this topic , for my next Ibz trips i will try to lower my budget as ill like to enjoy Ibiza the most(each day we hop from place to place) each year: 4weeks to 6 weeks
Ive just decided not to rent any accomodation location , just the car .I may share costs accomodation(or make a deal) with FB mates or look for location once there...
You need the location to stay clean(shower) & fridge(to have fresh water, fruits, food) as 20hours a day, i used to be outside the flat, sleeping 4hours a day(ill plan to sleep in the beach from 8.00 to 12.00 pm, sunbathing btw :lol: as ive noticed i ve didn't taken time to sunbath for last Ibz holidays :(...)
No hard drinks in big clubs(im more into daytime parties)!only in nice beach bars; pool party beach party (ocean beach as Ibiza sensations to support the spanish/Ibz Djs i follow:Luis del villar Felix Da funk, Blue Marlin) ; in popular place such as Bora bora im fine with a beer :cool:) better save this money for a nice meal with the seaview as some planned in cala Vadella, as 2 hard drinks equal 1 meal.
only a few Big clubs with huge House masters Dj (Glitterbox @ Space with Louie Vega as yesterday, Dont stand on me for a commercial party at ushuaia or Pacha ) or some party i never experienced such as Music on.

Im not keen on the Touristic side of Ibiza(Big clubs & i dont like very much the last decade Ibz Dj scene (Luciano, locodice,Maceo Plex the list is too long:lol: nearly all djs in the top of line up):eek:, better follow the Local Ibiza scene eg TheIbizaproject) & more in his authentic side(i wish i was there for Las Dalias opening) & the oldschool Ibz scene(Alfredo, Pippi,Jon Sa trinxa,Danny T, David Morales, Louie Vega, Dj Sneak ....).
Many events beside big clubs are far far better...& free :cool: U can enjoy Ibz without spreading money & not always being on a shoe string:it's a balance (ok from my contacts i know french parisian girlz that spend ibz @ ushuaia hotel, hard Rock Hotel or Santos, vip place & so on but each to their own,having boats & so on..ive just noticed that people that have a big budget often go to commercial crap parties :D drinking Champagne)
The countdow has just begun for Ibz 16 :spank:

Enter is free before 10pm, courtesy of Richie Hawtin to the people. The sunset terrace was half-empty last week at half past nine, but got busy pretty quickly, so I wouldn't go in the last minute. You may need to get one of the free wristbands from the promoters around Bora Bora and pdb, not 100% sure about that, as on their facebook page, they had just written, that it's free before 10.

I ve just bought an insulated lunch bag 10€ 10liters for ibz 16 :cool:, will let it in the toot with little frozen water bottle in order to keep drinks , fruits & food such as raw ham cold...& bring little insulated bags to the beach with frozen booze such as Hierbas or Pastis(french famous liquor from Marseilles), hard to have sodas /drinks fresh after 1h in the beach :D i used to buy a real cooler 30l but it's a pain to give it at the end of ibz trip :spank:

Back