7 days of excess 9-16/8/14

what was the name oth the bora bora party u ve been?
i advice people to follow I Do Ibiza , On Million dollar or White passion party there...
the pool party on the let of Bora bora TIARE or Jet appartments is a place with a Dj i like Jey INDAHOUSE, he play also electronic drums there..its free entrance ...

what was the name of the bora bora party u ve been or the day of the week?
i advice people to follow I Do Ibiza , On Million dollar or White passion party there...
the pool party on the let of Bora bora :TIARE or Jet appartments is a place with a resident Dj i like Jey INDAHOUSE, he play also electronic drums there..its free entrance ...
ive already warn people about the crap of pura pacha party with Bob sinclar ...

Chris Liebing was incredible, I've never been into techno, but the relentless focus of the music and the intensity of the crowd really made it feel special, Loco Dice also played for a while, good, but Liebing turned me to techno, cant get enough of it now! At about 6am we went back to the Terrace, the crowd had thinned quite a bit and there was plenty of room, no idea who was playing, it was tech house and it was pretty intense. I could of stayed till closing but my friend was starting to come down. Despite being completely in to commercial house/EDM he loved it. Hopefully another techno convert ;)

:cool:. Always liked Chris. So much energy and positivity, and his label (CLR) is a powerhouse of the first order. He's one of those 'gateway' DJs for "proper techno", especially for guys. No "pussy techno" when he's behind the decks :twisted: ! He gets slated sometimes for being "boring" or "banging it out" but there are times when that's actually what you want.

Techno unlocks a raw, primal connection which nothing else really manages. I've also never seen the same sort of dancefloor connection between people as on a proper techno floor. Techno crowds almost always the best ones to party with (ducks ...)

7am Walked home and saw two lads ringing the bell of the brothel across the street from our villa. And being let in ! :eek: Brave boys! The only thing I could manage by then was a joint, some fruit and a good sleep!

They were probably going in there to score or supply !

Techno unlocks a raw, primal connection which nothing else really manages. I've also never seen the same sort of dancefloor connection between people as on a proper techno floor. Techno crowds almost always the best ones to party with (ducks ...)

Well said!! The variety in techno is unbelievable. Its rhythmical, yet so unpredictable at the same time!

what villa did you stay in?

This one: http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/playa-d-en-bossa/391441

Monday 11th August

Woke up late feeling pretty bad, but in the same boat as everyone else. Most of the ones that had left early had got back to the villa and carried on partying. If anything they looked worse.

We had booked 3 Star boats for the afternoon so some serious effort had to be made to get up and out of the villa by 3pm. We grabbed taxis to Hotel Hawaii, and stopped at Hotel Marina Playa for some lunch to sort everyone out before we got the boats at 4.30. Lunch was average but did the job. We grabbed beers and snorkels from the shop next door and headed down to the little pontoon where the 3 boats were moored ready for us...

Except only 2 were for us. We had booked 2 boats months ago. A friend was supposed to book the 3rd but announced to the group at the Premier Inn on Friday night that he hadn't and that ''It would be fine, they'll have loads of boats!'' Knowing full well that wouldn't be the case I booked another on my phone then and there. That was the last time I had been online. When we got to the boats 'Captain Harlock' explained the boats were fully booked and he'd refunded my deposit. SHIT! Luckily the people who'd booked the last one didn't turn up. I'm not sure how we'd have balanced 12 people on two tiny boats!

Coming from a small island we'd all had plenty of boating experience, but the Star Boats are idiot proof, anyone could pilot them, and everyone did. We tore off between the super yachts in the marina, out past Mambo's and Kanya bar and round to Cala Gracio. We anchored up and jumped in for a snorkel. A little disappointed that there weren't more fish but it felt great to do something other than party for the first time in 3 days. Beware of the sea urchins around here, the rocks were covered in them, if you stand on one you wont be dancing all night!

We followed the coast on to Cala Salada and turned around at Punta Des Vent, the limit of where you were allowed to take the boats. We swam some more then made our way back to Mambo for the obligatory sunset. We were there pretty early, just a few other small boats had beaten us there. We tied the boats together, cracked open more beers and enjoyed people watching for a while as the strip got busier and more yachts pulled up. Inevitably some numpty pulled up on a Rib with some cheesy Italian house blasting out, but with the collective glares from everyone he soon got the hint and turned it off. The sun got lower, the tunes from Mambos got louder and faster and we were having one of those proper Ibiza moments. It didn't matter that we were on a floating bath tub compared to some of the gin palaces bearing down on us. We were on a boat, watching the sunset, in Ibiza!

The sun set and shortly after the guy from Star Boats turned up to let us know it was time to head back. He was right, it was pretty dark by the time we got back to the marina and after a few beers we of course had to be the first ones back! We then spent over an hour waiting for a taxi outside Hotel Marina Playa. In the end we walked all the way to the main square and got an illegal taxi home.

We got home and it was a quick turn around and out to Sankeys for Duke Dumont at about 1.30. It was my first time to Sankeys so I was excited to see the club, not so much about Duke Dumont, I fully expected a crowd full of camera phones. And that's exactly what I got. When Duke came on at 2 that main room was completely rammed, we couldn't even make it on to the dance floor so we went upstairs, through the roof terrace and onto the walkway where there was just about enough room to dance but my god it was hot. Could only handle about 20 minutes at a time. The tunes were good, people were actually dancing until 'Need U 100%' whereupon just about everyone stopped dancing and got their phones out to film a guy playing a record.

We struggled on till about 4 before we gave up and went to the basement, at least people were dancing down there but we were all beat. It had been a really long day and the last of us left about 4.30am. Back to the villa for a few beers and joints and bed before 6...

I couldn't believe it, when an artist plays their most popular, well known song the crowd should go crazy. Instead they all stood like Nazi soldiers saluting, arms outstretched, staring at their blurry screens...

Sorry about the huge break, will try and condense it and get it finished this week.

Tuesday 12th August

We had all bought the Pukka Up/Together ticket deal. 3 of the group couldn't be bothered to come for the boat party, they missed out! I wasn't really looking forward to it, I was expecting EDM and 18yr olds. We got to Itaca's to get wristbands etc (bit of a joke being sent to Linekers to exchange e-tickets) had a couple of drinks and got chatting to the other people that were getting on the boat. By the time we walked to the boats I was half cut and the respectable music played in Itaca had got me in the mood. All aboard the decently busy boat (apparently all three were sold out but there was plenty of room to move) and the usual slightly awkward silence before we were clear of the harbour and the tunes went on. And thankfully the tunes were good. Commercial deep house but at least it wasn't EDM slop!! The sun was out, the drinks were flowing and a cheeky dab here and there to keep energy levels up. We were getting stuck into it more than most, the rest of the boat were a bit more reserved. Maybe about 30 people actually up at the front dancing. We all got pretty carried away which ended up in cheap cava getting sprayed around, all good fun.

By the time we got off the boat we were all hammered, the drunkest i'd been since Friday night in the airport. A quick pit stop at Burger King (not my choice) for a grim burger and the worlds worst San Miguel. We jumped in an illegal taxi and returned to the villa to find the other three monged out, literally unmoved from when we'd left 5 hours ago. I cant stand lazy people and I cant understand why you'd pay to come on holiday just to smoke weed and eat biscuits, you can do that at home!! But hey, its their holiday, they certainly didn't stop us having a good time.

It was gone 11 by the time we got back to the villa, barely time to get changed, grab some cash and flag a taxi down to take us to Amnesia. With Pendulum, Andy C, Kove and Chase and Status on the bill everyone was keen to get the promptly. I used to be so in to DnB, as I've got older I've chilled and prefer House, but I can still skank it out. And Jesus, skank we did!

We got there as Pendulum came on. The last time I'd seen these guys was in my home club maybe 7 years ago, probably just after their fame had peaked and in Amnesia it felt just like back in the day. Yeh their tunes are as commercial as you get but the energy in the room was fantastic, as were the lights, that guy with the blonde hair that does them is a genius! They played a mix of their own tracks and remixes as well as some new stuff I've never heard before, and some Matrix and Futurebound which always goes down well.

Chase and Status came on around 2am (well one of them did, I cant remember which one) The set was relentless, with such a huge back catalogue they didn't linger on a track for long, imagine a 2 hour version of a Radio1 mini mix. In the two hours he played there must have been over 100 tracks, some theirs, some DnB classics, some unknown. There were also some interesting mash ups of two C+S songs at the same time. I cant remember which songs, but it was a classy, slick set from a guy who clearly knows what he's doing. As DnB goes it was at the heavy end. Which was probably right with Andy C on the bill, ahh Andy C..

I'd seen him in our same local club (Watersplash Jersey if you need to know) a few months ago. The club had been way overfilled, and with no A/C the atmosphere was too much for me. There was also a mosh pit o_O. I didn't have a great time.

Luckily this wasn't the case tonight. After C+S the crowd thinned a little, leaving the real die hard DnB fans. Andy C proceeded to play the heaviest DnB set I think I've ever witnessed. Usually i'm more into the liquid side of DnB, but it was impossible to stand still. I started to run out of juice as Andy finished up around 6am and we all decided to retire as did most of the club. On the terrace was Showtek, W&W and Dubvision. I had a brief look in on the way to the toilets. It wasn't for me, I don't even know what you would call it. It was like Hiphop EDM Dubstep all at the same time. Is anyone in to this stuff?? Mayybe they can explain??

And check out this weirdly Photoshopped pic we found of us on the boat. the sea in the background changes colour and the boat looks far busier than it really was o_O
IMG_7572.jpg

Keep it going ... nearly there ! I see you went to Elements @ Benirras from your other post. I had one of the best fillet steaks I've ever eaten there the year it first opened. However, seeing a 70Euro price tag for a sea bass on their blackboard in June (in Benirras FFS) made me turn around, head left and grab beers from the bar on the other side instead. Was roughly a 100% price increase in a couple of years and stuff like that just turns me off. 35 Euros is a decent price, 70 is just taking the pish.

The Watersplash building has gone pretty much unchanged for the last 20 years. It's much quieter here than it used to be. Most of the bars and clubs along the 5 mile road have closed/been knocked down. They do have Sunday Sessions there in the summer now with local DJs inc. Hannah Jacques (she won the radio1 DJ in Ibiza comp a few years ago) which feels like a bit of Ibiza with tunes playing as the sun sets over the sea.

Back to the review..

Wednesday 13th

A much needed rest day. I really wanted to make Paradise @ DC-10 but I just didn't have the energy. The rest of the group weren't interested in going out either. A few beers and joints round the pool and an early night :(

Thursday 14th

The rest day hadn't really done the job, everyone was pretty lethargic and we didn't get up and going till pretty late. The plan was to rent scooters and ride to Benirras for lunch and an afternoon on the beach. Unfortunately we hadn't booked and it was impossible to find a single car, quad, scooter or anything to rent on the day. In the end we piled into taxis. Lunch at Elements was fantastic as usual, although most of us had no appetite. 4 of us went snorkelling for hours, exploring all the caves and rocks. Interestingly there were far fewer fish than last year o_OWe left as it was getting dark (no drums or hippy market on a Thursday :()

We had planned to go to Cova Santa on the scooters but no one fancied taking a taxi home to shower, a taxi to Cova Santa and then hopefully finding a lift home, all before Cream. Gutted I didn't go, I was looking forward to another outdoor party with good music. I guess this is the price you pay for going in a big group.

Some time at Benirras is just what I needed to feel refreshed and ready to party. 3 of the group had decided they were going to MASS BASS at Privilege so we all stayed at the villa having a little party together till 1ish. They got their taxi, we got ours. I'd seen Calvin Harris and Burns at Cream last year and I was looking forward to it despite it not really being my thing. Burns is pretty underated imo, he gets the crowd going without the obvious chart hits Calvin etc can rely on. By the time we arrived the terrace was so packed we had no chance of seeing Burns, let alone Calvin so we ended up in the main room all night. Commercial trance is the last thing I'd usually listen to but Matzo was pretty good and Above & Beyond were a lot less cheesy than I expected. It was bearable and everyone else enjoyed it but I couldn't help feel like I rather be somewhere else doing something new like Enter. or Cuff at Sankeys.

We left around 6 along with everyone else. Our last planned night in Ibiza was just ok, not great, which was kind of disappointing :(

Keep it going ... nearly there ! I see you went to Elements @ Benirras from your other post. I had one of the best fillet steaks I've ever eaten there the year it first opened. However, seeing a 70Euro price tag for a sea bass on their blackboard in June (in Benirras FFS) made me turn around, head left and grab beers from the bar on the other side instead. Was roughly a 100% price increase in a couple of years and stuff like that just turns me off. 35 Euros is a decent price, 70 is just taking the pish.

I had the Octopus with chorizo sauce and ibizan mash potato. It was really nice, if a bit simple. The burgers and steaks looked great, everyone enjoyed them. I agree though, the fresh fish was very overpriced. We were impressed by the salt baked fish another table ordered. It cant have been cheap but it looked and smelt fantastic. It was our only 'proper' meal out and in hindsight we could have settled for a pizza next door but its nice to do something a bit civilised after 5 days of being pretty uncivilised :twisted:

Back