VIP at Amnesia and Space worth it?

@DelMarSunset EXACTLY MY POINT. THANK YOU. I have been going to raves/clubs on and off, for the past 20 years and I could have cared less who was in VIP and who was not. These people have a hard on for some reason cause they think they have something to prove.

Im going vip aswell for cream closing next week. Was up on the balcony last year for together closing till some big ugly f***er told me to leave:cry:. The reason ive paid this time is because my mrs doesn't like being in massive crowds for long periods of time because she will get pissed off and will want to go early so I bought the balcony tickets to keep her sweet. Also the view is great up there and easily accessible to both rooms. Do whats best for you, not what others tell ya:)

Also im no spring chicken myself anymore, 20 solid years of clubbing have finally taken its toll, so a few restbites are in order in the vip section to recharge them well worn dancing limbs, throwing shapes non stop from 12 til 6 in the morning are a thing of the past ha:D

Dreamed dashed that our American cousins are all super friendly and chilled.

(If it's balcony access I can sort of understand it - it's hard to enjoy the music when being constantly elbowed and people tend to get a bit aggro if really packed in. We went to WHP opening last year and candidly it was frightening how crushed you were.

If you've gone for table service it's a lot of money for the chance to sit down.

The sad thing here is that people feel the need to pay the extra because the venues are packing themselves so solid that a night out becomes unpleasant and unsafe (is it not)

I think the Space Terraza is the best area for "bottle service" if you want it (trying to get away from those three letters). It's on the elevated area at the back, most people don't know its a separate area, you are very close to the dancefloor, still part of the action etc etc and feels less them and us. And on the whole just seems to be for people who want a bottle of Vodka as opposed to a bunch of dic_ks who want "VIP". The elevated bit above the Discoteca (the old Red Room) is the worst thing Space have done in 25 years IMO

VIP used to mean you knew the promoters, got in free and got a few drinks tokens. It is a bit bizzare that being a VIP means that you have to pay more to go now.

However, there's nothing more likely to ruin my night out than being punched by an angry italian on sniff because you trod on his toes in the dance floor scrum. occasionally the extra cash needs to be spent.

The answer of course would be for the club's to treat all their guests in a reasonable fashion - probably not going to happen though.

I think the Space Terraza is the best area for "bottle service" if you want it (trying to get away from those three letters). It's on the elevated area at the back, most people don't know its a separate area, you are very close to the dancefloor, still part of the action etc etc and feels less them and us. And on the whole just seems to be for people who want a bottle of Vodka as opposed to a bunch of dic_ks who want "VIP". The elevated bit above the Discoteca (the old Red Room) is the worst thing Space have done in 25 years IMO

I did We Love on the 31st and 7th and that whole area was just filled with people going nuts (me included) I saw into the Discoteca VIP when I was going upstairs for a chill and it didn't look great tbh but if people want to go there then I don't really see the problem. I've had hundreds of great nights in clubs or tents in fields and many years ago just in fields... I've also had a few great nights with a bunch of mates or my girlfriend in a VIP area and if me having a bottle or a sit down at a table annoys others so much then it's their problem, not mine. I don't see how that could annoy people who are sooooo into the music anyway lol

I don't see why some people get so upset about others getting a table. it doesn't affect you in anyway so why even comment about it??!!

I don't see why some people get so upset about others getting a table. it doesn't affect you in anyway so why even comment about it??!!

Because the title of the thread was:

"VIP at Amnesia and Space worth it?"

So those who like VIP would say it is, and those who don't like it say it is not.

350x700px-LL-5fcec43e_Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpeg

Because the title of the thread was:

"VIP at Amnesia and Space worth it?"

So those who like VIP would say it is, and those who don't like it say it is not.

the anti-vip people never answered that question... just said how people who go 'vip' aren't 'true' clubbers.

the anti-vip people never answered that question... just said how people who go 'vip' aren't 'true' clubbers.
Its always an interesting debate, same as the old San An V PDB one.

Its not for me tbh. (plus I cant afford it)

I don't like vip (as said before, being a vip should mean that a place thinks you're important to what they're doing.) Charging you more means they think you're a gullible idiot. It's a rip off. Just like paying €200 for a bottle of £40 moet at blue marlin is a rip off.

None of the above is 'right'. Paying £10 for a beer isn't right - it's scandalous. If it's full on scarily packed tho, I'd rather pay slightly more and enjoy myself than pay slightly less and want to go home after ten minutes.

"Those of you in the cheap seats clap your hands, the rest of you rattle your jewellery" said john lennon at the royal variety performance 1964. Guetta or whatever might as well make the same speech today. The point is nobody's objecting to necessary chillout areas for busy clubs. The problem is the artificial class divide perpetuated in environments which ecstasy was (IS) supposed to unify! There should be a flat fee + consumicion to get in anywhere

"Those of you in the cheap seats clap your hands, the rest of you rattle your jewellery" said john lennon at the royal variety performance 1964. Guetta or whatever might as well make the same speech today. The point is nobody's objecting to necessary chillout areas for busy clubs. The problem is the artificial class divide perpetuated in environments which ecstasy was (IS) supposed to unify! There should be a flat fee + consumicion to get in anywhere

Agreed fully. It's a sad state of affairs.

Well said comrade lol

Not sure whether you're missing my point as the Internet is a strange thing where you can't tell whether people are being outraged or just amused.

I agree. It's a sad old thing. My local Ritzy style club in rural Leicestershire now has bottle service - it's bizzare. It's a complete rip off. However; I've sort of got two choices. Either keep going, or stop. And to be honest; after 20 years I still enjoy it (despite feeling I've been financially raped half the time).

Let's face it (honestly) the restaurants aren't great. They're just not. The vast majority of hotels are at best average. It's terrible vfm. But it remains a good laugh when you go and some of the memories from there will be with me for a long time.

I really don't understand what the issue is. If you don't like bottle service, DONT GET IT. If you are so much about the MUSIC, then you will be too busy to pay attention to the people in the corner getting bottle service.

Back