Cocoon 2014

Cool, thanks Stivi. I completely missed it when I looked but can see the times for the 8th Sept looking back.

I was surprised to see Sven started at 12? I thought he would be on last. Is that normal when he plays the main room? I don't usually get going until 3-4am LOL! Will need to keep an eye on that for 22nd as I want to catch all of his set.

Have you been to any cocoons recently? How has the atmosphere been?

think it was great to have sven open, think it's to get people get over from circoloco earlier and also a nice gift to kaden to trust him to close the night, kaden is great, btw .
at the last two sven dates though he'll definitely close the night.

i think sven opened this night so that him and luciano don't go against each others. this way, people that came early could enjoy both sven and luciano. and as el loco says, another factor was probably to try to get people from dc10 a bit earlier. it's not normal though for him to open, it's the first time he's done it this year (except of course the dates he did an all nighter).

cocoon has had a great summer. not as packed as music on, but in my opinion still the best techno night on the island - with a difference.

i think sven opened this night so that him and luciano don't go against each others. this way, people that came early could enjoy both sven and luciano. and as el loco says, another factor was probably to try to get people from dc10 a bit earlier. it's not normal though for him to open, it's the first time he's done it this year (except of course the dates he did an all nighter).

cocoon has had a great summer. not as packed as music on, but in my opinion still the best techno night on the island - with a difference.
Agree but sometimes they made questionable choices 4 example when I was there Ben Klock played from midnight till 4 am then chris liebing....till 3am amnesia was empty so why did they put ben as a warm up dj?

Agree but sometimes they made questionable choices 4 example when I was there Ben Klock played from midnight till 4 am then chris liebing....till 3am amnesia was empty so why did they put ben as a warm up dj?

pretty hard to decide which of those two should open IMO...but I do see your point.

its a little bit hard to decide on cocoon, sven vath is the main guy..
attended 3 cocoons.
enter is the best party, cocoon is the best music

its a little bit hard to decide on cocoon, sven vath is the main guy..
attended 3 cocoons.
enter is the best party, cocoon is the best music

I do like both, but have you ever seen anyone smile at Enter? I personally think Cocoon is the best "party".....

I do like both, but have you ever seen anyone smile at Enter? I personally think Cocoon is the best "party".....

I wouldn't say I've never seen anyone smiling at enter, but I definitely think that cocoon has the friendliest crowd, especially this year

Cocoon is the best party on the island by a long shot. Enter was possibly the most overrated club night I've attended in Ibiza.

So great to hear all the positive comments about Cocoon this season, I am seriously looking forward to Monday now!!

Interesting that Music On is busier than Cocoon. I did see a video on the Music On facebook page from 09:30am on Saturday and it still looked rammed. Last year I remember leaving about 7:30am and only half the terrace was full.

Still undecided about the Music On closing party. I can imagine it will be ridiculously packed and the crowd wasn't the friendliest when I went last year.

Cocoon is the best party on the island by a long shot. Enter was possibly the most overrated club night I've attended in Ibiza.
I agree. Perfectly busy last night and everyone was really friendly. I think enter may just have got a too successful for its own good. Still ok but I'd take cocoon any day

So this is coming from someone who does love the ENTER concept (I mean I even went to Richie's ENTER.Sake dinner last Wednesday), however, I do think that sometimes the "party" does suffer from disappearing up it's own ar_se and just being too dark and trippy for Ibiza.

OK, I know I am opening myself up for a bashing here, but I do think it lacks something Ibiza at times. I mean I could be at a rave in the east end of London on a cold dark December afternoon! I'm lucky enough to go to Ibiza enough to experience a lot of different parties over the season, but if I was in IBZ for only a few days, not sure ENTER would really give me the best 'taste' of the place: in terms of atmosphere and crowd.

Cocoon (as with Circo Loco) IMO is the complete Ibiza package and both of those parties are stronger than ever this year. I had an absolute blast at both last week (08/Sep).

In terms of MusicON, I have only done twice this season, but I prefer it 10X more than I did over the last few seasons. I think they have done a good job of making it more than just about Marco, and thus as a result the crowd has mellowed / chilled-out a bit more. It's less of a kneeling and worshipping the ground Marco walks on with 2,000 other Italians. Be VERY interesting what happens to MusicON next year. More Amnesia, and /or Ushuaia?

... It's less of a kneeling and worshipping the ground Marco walks on with 2,000 other Italians. Be VERY interesting what happens to MusicON next year. More Amnesia, and /or Ushuaia?
that's why i'm not sure if carola is the right choice to be the main act @ ush-closing ... when seeing that flyer i already had enough

that's why i'm not sure if carola is the right choice to be the main act @ ush-closing ... when seeing that flyer i already had enough

Yeah, still haven't made my mind up about this one! Last year's Ushuaia closing was amazing IMO - but it was the diversity of the acts that did it more me: MJC, Loco, Voorn & Fanciulli etc etc. All day of Marco could be a bit too much. Take a Coxy: now he could start doing Soul & Disco on the beach at midday, get more Housey and end up with slamming Techno by Midnight..... is Marco this adaptable?

What time you looking at the Cocoon closing party going on till?

Also, how would you maximise your chance of getting to the afterparty? This would be a totally new experience for me. Does this run straight after Amnesia, or is it a bit later on the Tuesday?

Same again for Enter.

Thanks.

Back