Sardinia...

MiniMarc

Anyone been (recently)??
Is looking like thats where we'll go holiday this summer in september. Seems to tick alot of boxes and we're trying to go somewhere other than Ibiza!
Any experiences / advice / tips welcome!

I went 3 years ago to the west coast (Alghero) really nice coastline, cheap as chips to hire speedboat, food is class. It's more a honeymoon/lovers/family place so rave-wise forget it, although there is a drum'n'bass festival each summer which has a loyal following

cool , looks like we'll be going to the north eastern side near Olbia , and yes have heard from a few ppl renting boats is the thing to do. Not planning any parties just a chilled week by the sea

good choice!sardinia is a really beautiful place!Just to let you know..that part of sardinia(Costa Smeralda) is the most expensive one..

That's the side I've been to and it is lovely (but some years ago !). Rent car Senor ! If you get a chance to stay around a bit, go over to La Maddalena North of Olbia for a couple of days. The sea is just breathtaking there :D

Oh and yeah - Costa Smeralda is VERY expensive.

yikes i didnt know it was mega pricey , hopefully there will be affordable options for us mere mortals? We are happy to drive / travel around

Wow! I can whole heartedly recommend that place! Hotel was at the top of (a very steep hill) the village with kind of an infinity pool looking out across the bay. The waters are like nothing ive seen before , emarald green and deep blue like it had been photoshopped! Amazing food , definitely not good for the waistline! we had a 10 course feast at a farm in the mountains for 25euros each! You can rent your own boat but we bottled it unfortunately. You get boats to the best beaches for about 15euros return. Def worth learning some italian , englidh not nearly as widely spoken as ibiza for example. Also brits are not the majority by any means , more french german and italians which was nice.
Might have to go back!

^^ knew you'd have a great time. The water on that side of Sardinia is exceptional. Next time try going to La Maddalena. Bit of a mission to get to but I think you'd love it :).

Back