Closings 2013.....

RosstheBossa

After reading some of the reviews on here (and lack of them this year), I thought I better do mine from last year! A bit late I know. ;)

I'd not been to Ibiza since 2006, for many reasons (gf, kid etc etc). My mate had asked if I fancied going at the start of the summer and I think I just gave him the 'yeah, sure, when? will see what I can do' type answer. Anyway, further down the line, circumstances change and it was late August. I'd always wanted to go back, so thought why not do the closings. Text my mate who had asked me if he was still thinking of going, on the Thursday evening, we had it fully booked and paid for by the Friday afternoon. 4 nights in Hotel Garbi, flights from Jersey (overnight stay in Premier Inn, Gatwick), then flights to Ibiza. The excitement was to begin, looking for the latest lineups, closing parties etc. etc.

So Tuesday 30th September comes and we're off to Gatwick for the night. Think we got to bed at about 1am after one too many in the bars in the airport and hotel.

Wednesday 1st October
We were then woken up at 4:40am for our early morning flight by me in a state of panic, I thought we had 30 minutes till our plane was to leave. We burst out the hotel room and sprinted towards departures and through Security! But after a quick look at the information board we were early, panic over! We find out a few girls from back home we know will be there via Facebook and plan to meet up with them over text while we wait, and then it's off to board our flight, more relived than anything! The flight was smooth and had a few drinks to celebrate our lucky 'escape', we land, no waiting required for bags, taxi to the hotel. It's 9am and the room isn't ready yet, so we parked ourselves at the bar till about midday. Many pints later, we check in and get up to the room. We decided to go to sleep for a bit, as we'd had very little the night before.

Anyway, after a good sleep, it was time to venture out and about. We get showered and changed, and off we go....after a bite to eat from the Italian? place across from the hotel, it was straight down to JET/Bora Bora. We were late to the party, clearly everyone had been on it all day by the pool, so we decided to go and find Sirocco, it was tINI and the Gang closing party. After a bit of a walk and asking a few people the directions, we found it. It sinks in that we have finally landed in Ibiza, sun going down, on the beach, beers (cocktails!) in hand, tINI on the decks, bass grooving, happy faces everywhere. Loved it. We stayed there for a few hours, spoke to some nice people and got wristbands for FUSE. We then went and met the girls we knew from back home up at the bar near JET (can't remember the name) and sat with them for a bit getting some cheap drink. Stayed there for an hour or so, and then persuaded everyone to come to Underground with me for Sneak, Josh Wink and Syrossian. Jumped some taxi's and on our way. Got there and it was just warming up, we got our free drinks and sat outside. I liked it, seemed in the middle of nowhere and there was a good crowd gathering. Stayed there for a couple hours, had a bit of a dance inside and got my picture with the legend himself (as you can see!)! Where next then?! Sankeys? Why not! Back in the taxi's, got there and it was rammed. Spotted a few people who we met at Sirocco, got a bottle of water from the bar and set up camp for the next few hours on the dance floor, all of us absolutely loving it ;), with my mate literally glued to the speaker for the majority of that time! We got wristbands for the afters, but by that time 7/8am we were done in, the girls had gone home as well, so decided to head back to the room.

Coming up.....SACCA Closing

Last edited:
Liking this, it gives me hope that i'll finish mine soon. if you can do yours nearly a full year after going i can do mine after 2 months. sweet picture with Sneak.

Thursday 2nd October

It's about 4pm, and we're just waking up from the night before. A quick Burger King run for breakfast/lunch/dinner, whatever you want to call it :rolleyes:, and it's off down to the pool for a dip and a beer. The PoA for tonight is to meet the girls and head out for a nice meal, as it's one of the girls birthdays. So we laze about the pool for a bit and take in the sites, before going up to get ready for the night ahead.

We met the girls in Sissi's for dinner. I had the strips of beef, that you cook yourself on the hot plate, which was outstanding. (Will be going back for that again in 4 weeks time!) Also, the magician that was going round all the tables was brilliant. Anyway, it was off to Top 21 Bar (I remembered the name!) for a few cheap drinks and to plan the night ahead. We found out that Luciano was playing at SACCA for it's Closing Party. No brainer. After a few more drinks, we were off there in a couple of taxis. We seemed to be heading into the middle of nowhere, but as we approached a host of taxi's were pulling up, and the packed car park on the right suggested this was going to be busy. As we got in, we all grabbed a drink from outside and made our way in. The place was packed, Luciano was on, and we all found a spot in the small venue to dance. He played 'God Made me Phunky' for what seemed for ever, and it went down a treat :D! After a few hours, some of the girls were getting itchy feet and wanted to grab a taxi back to Bossa before it closed, so we got in an illegal taxi to take all 5 of us back. I was keen on seeing Mendo at the Clarisse Night at Sankeys, so we went in for the last couple or so hours. As we got in, we caught the last half hour of Anja Schneider, who I was impressed with, and then Mendo till close, who didn't disappoint. It wasn't that busy but we all still had a great time ;). We asked around for Afters, but to no avail, so we grabbed a quick drink in some late night bar before heading back to the hotel.

Coming up.....Ocean Beach Closing, Insane Closing @ Pacha & Afters

Last edited:
Friday 3rd October

What seemed like no more than an hours sleep, the alarm was going off to get us up and ready for Ocean Beach Closing. My mate, has pissed his bed again, not sure if this was due to excitement on his part or his bladder is the size of a water bomb balloon! Anyway, we're up and ready and are in Burger King again for a quick bite to eat, before jumping in a taxi to San An. We arrive and it's busy, I'm guessing we're quite late as every bed is taken apart from the one we booked. We were both pretty hungover, so for the first couple hours were spent lying back and sipping on some Raspberry Mojitos, as you do! We got chatting to the girls next to us and shared some stories/plans of Ibiza. We then jumped back in a taxi with them to Playa d'en Bossa. Ocean Beach was just 'alright', I wouldn't hurry back there anytime soon. But it was good to chill on the poolside bed :cool:, and cure the hangover with a few cocktails, whilst enjoying the views. ;)

So we're back at the hotel, and get ready for the night ahead. It's a night I've been looking forward to for ages, Insane Closing with Sneak, Carter and Farina b2b at Pacha, with VIP, what more could I ask for! I think we might of got a bite to eat, but I can't be 100% certain about that! We get a taxi to Ibiza Town, and pop into a few bars, and bump into the girls we met at Ocean Beach. We all then jumped in a taxi to Pacha. So we're in, got lead to our area, and ordered a big bottle of vodka with mixers. Perfect, this is going to be a good night! ....and it was! DJ Sneak, Derrick Carter and Mark Farina did not disappoint. Musically, it was amazing and 'right up my street'. I don't think I've danced as much, ever. We got chatting to the couple next to us in the VIP section (a Welsh guy and a Dutch women, if anyone happens to think they might know them, pm me), who we then spent the next good few hours with. I'm pretty sure someone was taking from our bottle of vodka, as we spent most the night on the dance floor. But we weren't caring. Pacha finished, and my mate had just realised he's lost his new iPhone, so he was pretty gutted about that. We then went to Tox with our new found friends, and I must say, I thought was brilliant once it got going, although I'm not quite sure who was playing. I'm pretty sure Derrick Carter was in there, but can't confirm if I was seeing things or not by this point :eek:. Must of left there gone 11am, and managed to get a taxi right outside easily.

Coming up.....Amnesia Closing

was at insane closing last year too. like you said, sneak carter an farina were amazing!
Liked coyu too.

i think coyu may have even been on last.... for digweed I was on the terrace upstairs the whole time.
Fritz was first on, and I was gutted I just missed him.

I better finish last years review before I go on this years trip tomorrow!

Saturday 4th October

After a pretty busy day yesterday, my mate and I must of woke up about 8pm/9pm. It was dark outside anyway! We were both feeling pretty awful, and the last few days were certainly taking it's toll, but we needed one final push as our flight back was early Monday morning and we still had Amnesia and Space Closing to do. So there was only one thing for it, go to an Italian to Carb Load on Pasta and Pizza (....and Peroni's :rolleyes:). So we went across the road and done exactly that. Afterwards we then headed to Top 21 for a few cheap drinks, which were taking a while to go down. I think we eventually got our 2nd wind by 4am, and it was time to head to Amnesia. We literally walked straight in the door with our Tickets from Spotlight ;), and WOW, just WOW! We headed straight to the Terrace It was mobbed, and the music was brilliant. We bumped into a girl and her cousin that we knew from going to the Sub Club in Glasgow near the bar, and pretty much stuck with them the whole night. The night seemed to fly by, and it was 10am before we knew it as we got lost in the music. Eats Everything, Steve Lawler were my stand outs and what I actually remember! Unfortunately we had to leave around 10:30am to check out our hotel room, so we reluctantly said our goodbyes and left. We got back, packed our things and fell asleep on the Sofa's down on the ground floor of the Garbi. If you've been in there, you'll know what I'm talking about! :)

Back