CLEAN BANDIT + ELLA EYRE | IBIZA ROCKS | 27/08/14

McRackin

Super Moderator
Lindsay Mono, winner of this year's Ibiza Rocks dj competition with Mixcloud, dj'd at Ibiza Rocks The Boat and later in the hotel for the early arrivals.

020+-+copia.JPG

The 20-year old London singer Ella Eyre collaborated with Ibiza Rocks favourites Bastille, Rudimental and Tinie Tempah so it was only a matter of time before she played here too.

Her set was based on some of the material that will be part of her upcoming debut album, which should arrive in october. Backed by a full live band, which gave the songs a whole new feel, we heard "Don't Follow Me", "Deeper" (already released on the self-titled EP last year), "Worry About Me", "All About You", "Comeback" and the first single "If I Go", which was the closing number. As expected, everyone went bonkers when she sang "Waiting All Night" (Rudimental's number one single featuring Ella) but the surprise came with her rendition of "Good Luck" by Basement Jaxx.

She sang with so much passion and energy that it was impossible to leave anyone indifferent. Unbelievable Soul voice, great stage presence and impressively energetic show... I actually enjoyed her much more than the main act!

246+-+copia.JPG

Last year Clean Bandit opened for Ellie Goulding and then kicked off the first Ibiza Rocks The Snow event in Meribel. This week they came back as headliners for their only date on the island this summer, as the announced dj set at Gatecrasher never happened because the club literally crashed.

Since their debut at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel, the single "Rather Be" (featuring Jess Glynne, who we saw singing it on the same stage one month ago) became a number one hit in the UK and they released their first album New Eyes (2014) with an original mix of electronic and classical music with poppy vocals. The quartet (sextet when playing live, with the addition of two singers) delivered a nice set that included songs like "A&E", "Cologne", "Up Again", "Come Over", "Extraordinary", "Heart On Fire" or "Mozart's House". Robin S' "Show Me Love" was the first encore and, of course, they finished with the mega-hit "Rather Be". Even if I'm into guitars and not violins, it's obvious they're very good at what they do!

Stay tuned because in a couple of weeks Clean Bandit will perform with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra with a host of their collaborators, including Jess Glynne. And this is just the beginning for a young band with a very bright future.

489+-+copia.JPG

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Lindsay Mono said:
Massive thank you to @ibizarocks for choosing me as a winner for your dj comp. yesterday was incredible

Ella Eyre said:
This is Rock 'n Roll.....

10617161_688361731246108_1746750632_n.jpg

Milan Neil Amin-Smith (Clean Bandit) said:
@EllaEyre just properly killed it...when I'm older I wanna dominate a stage and sing like that plz

Milan Neil Amin-Smith (Clean Bandit) said:
Ella eyre, me, and some clowns

10601755_470654626407846_459849957_n.jpg

Join Vevo UK LIFT artist and "Comeback" star Ella Eyre on tour as she travels to Mallorca Rocks and Ibiza Rocks to play an incredible set.

Back