Is it really this bad?

Every DJ i know who has played at barbarellas (tisno) says its their favourite club on earth. Giving serious thought to paying a visit next summer. Always interesting reading the comparisons with Ibz - i actually think they are now totally different markets pitched at v diff crowds. How many people in ibiza listen to disco and real house? ZERO. How many people in cro listen to pete tong or Radio 1? ZERO. I don't think ibz really need to worry about that kind of competition because culturally amd sonically it is another world

Pablo I think it might be worth re-reading what you have wrote and think about how that makes you come across. The Zero statements are pretty silly imo.

I think it's worth trying just to see if it's your thing.

Yeah I think so. Ibiza 2 years on the trot. If my mates can afford Vegas, it's on the cards. If not, think I'll try Croatia. I have plenty of time to decide whether Tisno for Suncebeats or Novalja for Hideout.

Cheers for the response!

Every DJ i know who has played at barbarellas (tisno) says its their favourite club on earth. Giving serious thought to paying a visit next summer. Always interesting reading the comparisons with Ibz - i actually think they are now totally different markets pitched at v diff crowds. How many people in ibiza listen to disco and real house? ZERO. How many people in cro listen to pete tong or Radio 1? ZERO. I don't think ibz really need to worry about that kind of competition because culturally amd sonically it is another world

people do speak really well about barbarella yeah. and then there's obviously warung in brazil which is also very very often named as 'best club' by lots of DJs.

I couldn't disagree more though regarding your comment about no one listening to disco and real house in ibiza and no one in croatia listening to tongy and R1. I personally think that the target group is pretty similar for a big part. lots of people come to ibiza, they like it for the music, but they think it's too expensive (we know it IS expensive). then they do ibiza for a year or two and then they say 'you know what I'm skipping ibiza this year and do croatia instead'. I think that musically you can experience pretty much the same in one week's time and it's obvious croatia is (still) lots cheaper. but as commented by tons of people the 'package' as such just isn't the same. talking about the vibe on the island in general, all the bars, restaurants etc apart from the big clubs. the afterhours. don't get me wrong, I'm sure croatia is beautiful (I've got a friend who spent the summer there and is coming back to ibiza just now, seen plenty of pix), but I simply think as a destination as a whole it doesn't compare to ibiza.

I have a 2 mates that play at ee festival in Croatia and have regular gigs in Greece and Israel . Both have never even been to ibiza for a holiday. From what they hear from other djs is maybe ibiza 25yrs ago might compare.there 2 different places now and music wise and clubbing.

Who said croatia is cheap? Only drinks there are cheaper than ibz

But tell me about the clubs in zrce.......:rolleyes:

Yeah I think so. Ibiza 2 years on the trot. If my mates can afford Vegas, it's on the cards. If not, think I'll try Croatia. I have plenty of time to decide whether Tisno for Suncebeats or Novalja for Hideout.

Cheers for the response!

Just looking at the lineup for Dimensions this year. Looks pretty special!

Ok, If i wanted to hear a maurice fulton record or a nu groove production in ibiza, where would i go? Equally, If i wanted to hear an aviicci or angello mp3 at electric elephant or suncebeat, who would play it? Two totally different worlds which have zilch in common in 2014

I hear you PMJ, but here you're really just comparing extremes IMO. you know ibiza is definitely not just about avicii and angello. and stuff like maurice fulton or nu groove can be heard in space's el salon or premier etage sometimes, in boutique hostal salinas, pacha's funky room, sometimes even sa trinxa.

Glitterbox at Boom Ibiza or sometimes Defected @ Boom Depending on the line up
Ibiza sensations @ ocean beach on tuesday with great Dj Luis Del Villar ,daytime party.other daytime parties @ Ocean Beach ..Blue Marlin Ibz(Tom Crane,sasa Mendone, Eli Rojas)...at pacha for Ibiza Rocks or Pure Pacha i saw nice line up...Space too for we love ...Limbo @ KM5 on wednesday
There is still some House Music but you have to follow the djs....eg Marco LOCO plays House(Hush, we love space, car cox @ space last week )....Felix DAFUNK(Bora bora on thursday, jockey club,) Plays House
Jey in DAhouse(jet apparts, El Hotel pacha) Pablo Hernanz play House (Departure Ibiza) Bruno From Ibiza(Hostal salinas, sands ) & so on..the list of djs that play house is Big...Dj Alfredo, Dj Pippi, Johnatan Ulysses ....Joan Ribas(destino,el hotel pacha), Inaky Garcia Harry Housen(bay bar) play House ...
Glitterbox at Boom Ibiza or sometimes Defected @ Boom Depending on the line up
Ibiza sensations @ ocean beach on tuesday with great Dj Luis Del Villar ,daytime party.other daytime parties @ Ocean Beach ..Blue Marlin Ibz(Tom Crane,sasa Mendone, Eli Rojas)...at pacha for Ibiza Rocks or Pure Pacha i saw nice line up...Space too for we love ...Limbo @ KM5 on wednesday
There is still some House Music but you have to follow the djs....eg Marco LOCO plays House(Hush, we love space, car cox @ space last week )....Felix DAFUNK(Bora bora on thursday, jockey club,) Plays House
Jey in DAhouse(jet apparts, El Hotel pacha) Pablo Hernanz play House (Departure Ibiza) Bruno From Ibiza(Hostal salinas, sands ) & so on..the list of djs that play house is Big...Dj Alfredo, Dj Pippi, Johnatan Ulysses ....Joan Ribas(destino,el hotel pacha), Inaky Garcia Harry Housen(bay bar) play House ...
Thank you!

Now the two times i spent at the premier etage i could hardly hear anything. I was told the policy is to keep the levels low after a certain time. (La terrazzza do that in Barcelona too. Like they're surrounded by irate neighbours on an non-residential hill road) The boutique was just a chillout bar when we went. Nice music but not exactly going off. See also salinas, which finishes just as its getting good. i did enjoy the set last summer (see related craig72 thread in music) but it ends at 8pm, which is criminally early. The point i'm making with all this is that if i want to let my hair down to the music i like in the environment i like i'm not currently allowed to. I think that's another reason why boats are so popular (and why they no doubt will be next to be persecuted)

Ok, If i wanted to hear a maurice fulton record or a nu groove production in ibiza, where would i go? Equally, If i wanted to hear an aviicci or angello mp3 at electric elephant or suncebeat, who would play it? Two totally different worlds which have zilch in common in 2014

I think it's worth trying out Croatia and seeing what you make of it. Would love to hear your thoughts.

What about closing weekend? Thats October!!!!!

Meant to be joining up with my friend in late October. It's kind of tight when I can go due to stuff at work and when she's over this side of the world. Gives me a bit more time to miss Ibiza and swear to make more of the experience next time whatever happens!

Back