gone - but not forgotten

Old Space Terrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... the old terrace ...
... The old Space ...
... The original space terrace, from 1992 ...
... anyone remember the comfy bamboo chairs ;)
1992.jpg
...Space terrace circa 1996 ...

:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68768

Does annyone remember an old woman that used to turn up at DC10 and Bora Bora holding a giant stuffed panda? The panda was really grubby, but she went everywhere with it - really random, but I saw her a few years in a row around 2001/02/03

Does annyone remember an old woman that used to turn up at DC10 and Bora Bora holding a giant stuffed panda? The panda was really grubby, but she went everywhere with it - really random, but I saw her a few years in a row around 2001/02/03

of course. she's still around. catch her every saturday morning or tuesday morning during the last hours of music on and cocoon on the amnesia terrace...she's mostly up in the VIP waving her silly teddy bear like a lunatic

Im sure i put a picture somewhere on here of her..I remember her from the early 90`s in space at 7am and then on salinas in the afternoon..

Naif
Douala
AK Morgana
Bar M
Unity
Lola's
Zinema :eek: no really!

Some of these must be open still?

clubs wise, no coco loco/tirry at amnesia todos los dias.
space terrace.
dc10 when it was free!

zinemar bar I still get ripped for loving that place in 99

here she is in Amnesia a few on Tuesday morning....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201389487566624

:lol:

Still going strong which is more than can be said for Hawtin's headphones.... :eek:

k1b3vt.jpg

(privilegeibiza)

anybody remembers or has pictures of a KU-beachbar @ pdb ??

"...
The Ku club was "The mirror of Ibiza",
according the British TV documentary A Short Film About Chilling .
And for many a decade, it has been just that.
An open-air swimming pool wich became the biggest nightclub in the world,
its history is the stuff of legends.

During the '80s, Ku was Europe's greatest disco.
Outrageous and hedonistic, it was Ibiza's open-air version of New York's Studio 54.

It started life in the early '70s as a community swimming pool
with a small bar that served mainly the San Rafael locals.
It was called Club Rafael.

In 1978 it was sold to three Basques ...
They changed its name from Club Rafael to Ku
after the nightclub they already ran in the Spanish town of San Sebastian.
For the next 12 years it grew and grew.
The swimming pool was made smaller to accommodate more people
and a bridge was build across it.
It was said the sound system could be heard all over the island
and the lasers seen on the mainland.

2qjkfoj.gif
There was even a Ku beach bar on Playa D'en Bossa.
2qjkfoj.gif

The chossen few were issued with special keys - away from the main entrance
was an inconspicuous door that allowed free access into the club.
Under a creative direction, Ku became famous for throwing the most extravagant parties.
They flew musicians and dancers in from Rio

Its high point was Barcelona '92, held (confusingly) in 1987
to celebrate the forthcoming Olympics.
Freddie Mercury sang 'Barcelona' with Montserrat Caballe for a TV show
that was broadcast round the world.

But by now the residents of San Rafael were fed up with getting no sleep
and began lobbying for a change in law.
In 1990, a roof was added.

In 1991 the roof collapsed during a storm,
forcing the club's closure for the whole summer.
It was reborn with a new investment as Privilege ...
..."
(privilegeibiza)

Club St Raphael (or other town if my mind still sh.itty after ibz trip :p) before KU...

Héhé .Drum connection baby..i met a local in aug 2013 that work at Privilege(showman) the first area of this club: he told me at this time the Brazilian manager was the best & with him the parties were the best in ibz..he told us also about Hotel Manumission where you can open door & see strange kinky things :D

^^ that's the name of the urbanization... a friend owns a villa there and the address is urbanización club san rafael number something!

^^ that's the name of the urbanization... a friend owns a villa there and the address is urbanización club san rafael number something!

How's the postman supposed to find the address with a number like that!??!?! It could literally be anywhere!! :eek:

I had some really good days at Coastline where the resident DJ, Robin, who now works for toolroom records used to be a resident.

I'm not sure if it was 03 or 04 but the music used to be blasting out, then when we returned the following year everything was quiet. Apparently the government had changed the laws :(

Last edited:
Used to stay in an apartment for a few years above Coastline owned by Tony Pike. Cracking place and great to people watch the pool down below. Very sad that it still lies empty.

Bet the people who made a fuss are regretting it now as their house prices will have plummeted staying above what looks like a dump.

Back