Music, Music, Music

Maybe it's my age and I truly do enjoy many genres (no EDM), but I massively struggle to keep up with the quantity of new music that comes out these days. Could be that I don't go out as much, but I do try and listen to lots of stuff as much as possible. The sheer volume of it just seems to overwhelm me a bit and I do feel its quantity over quality.

Not trying to be negative as I will always be passionate about this music, just wonder if it's me getting on a bit :). We'll see in 4 weeks time when I hit the island for my big 4-0 celebrations, ha ha

Totally agree. I loved how tracks sometimes took months even years to break, now something what was played last month isn't relevant as it is too old. There are so many cracking tunes that don't have time to develop and are missed. I don't let how old old a tune is bother me, if it is decent I will play it.

Totally agree. I loved how tracks sometimes took months even years to break, now something what was played last month isn't relevant as it is too old. There are so many cracking tunes that don't have time to develop and are missed. I don't let how old old a tune is bother me, if it is decent I will play it.

Bang on Dirk. Heard Inner City Pennies from Heaven this week. Think it was 1995 and still sounds crackin..

I'm out from the 6th to 10th.... Will be interested to hear where you decide to go!

Was disappointed a couple of times last year. Notably hawtin at space. I like that there are still real fans of people and music out there!

Looking like Ibiza Rocks and Glitterbox on the cards for us so far. Might try others if we get any wristbands. Rather be in a bar playing good music with atmosphere than a big name club with big name DJ playing an EDM mix of Agadoo tbh...

Maybe it's my age and I truly do enjoy many genres (no EDM), but I massively struggle to keep up with the quantity of new music that comes out these days. Could be that I don't go out as much, but I do try and listen to lots of stuff as much as possible. The sheer volume of it just seems to overwhelm me a bit and I do feel its quantity over quality.

Not trying to be negative as I will always be passionate about this music, just wonder if it's me getting on a bit :). We'll see in 4 weeks time when I hit the island for my big 4-0 celebrations, ha ha

Yeah, me too with the tracks.
Too many sub genres, too much pretentiosnessness with boring chin stroking House or Techno, too many releases, too much choice........ I get lost with it all sometimes.

Bang on Dirkmeister, if a tune is a good tune then its on the platter, "commercial" or not!

Back