Music, Music, Music

By "oldies" i trust you mean the tunes and not me. lol....although i have been clubbing since 1990 so makes me pretty old im guessing compared to alot on here...? But yeah, a great idea. This trip is for my Mrs's birthday as she has only been once in 2008 and it P***** down all week, so not good memories for her of the Island she had heard so much about. Hoping the weather and tunes (preys silently) will make up for it...so any suggestions on good nights, bars, beaches etc etc would be welcome..

Anyone on here been to Glitterbox? thoughts please....:)

Went to Glitterbox for Late Nite Tuff Guy and Joey Negro. Club was probably half full which meant we had more room to dance and we had a blast in there. I'm not a big fan of Booom but the crowd was great. Also had a guest appearance from Barbara Tucker. I didn't want to stop dancing when the club closed and had that much energy we carried on partying until 6pm in the evening :eek:

Highly recommend Glitterbox.

Went to Glitterbox for Late Nite Tuff Guy and Joey Negro. Club was probably half full which meant we had more room to dance and we had a blast in there. I'm not a big fan of Booom but the crowd was great. Also had a guest appearance from Barbara Tucker. I didn't want to stop dancing when the club closed and had that much energy we carried on partying until 6pm in the evening :eek:

Now thats what i want to hear......

Itaca during the day plays decent music, sometimes at night as well and can recommend upstairs at night (hopefully the same as previous years, find out next week)

Pikes on a Sunday is good randomn eclectic and balearic beats and great for an afternoon with the Mrs and a few beers.

I am really looking forward to Ibiza Rocks House at Pacha and the Diynamic night at Destino. Also going to the disclosure night at Space, the Mrs is looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Now thats what i want to hear......

Not heard of Itaca, will take a look. Going to Happy Mondays at Pikes then pop in Pacha after. Was planning on Space to see Disclosure but not sure now.

Phil mate if your going thinking you'll hear all this amazing house music you might be a little disappointed. Sa trinxa and jockey club at salinas are quite good but sa trinxa have some singer pops up singing the anthems and some guy in spedos playing a fiddle. All good

Last edited:
Phil,

Two parties I would have liked to go to this year are Enter and Elrow. I think the Elrow party brings back a bit of the "fun" element of the Island and Enter gives that "quality" feel.

DJs are often going off on one and knocking out some boring sh1t3 tbh. I wonder how many of them actually read the crowd? I remember seeing Dennis Ferrer in Pacha in 2010, it really was poor considering what the night was. Even the main promoter agreed when I emailed them about it.

There are lots of C list Dj's on the island as well who like to knock out some boring, plodding House music so its not just the big names. I suppose as well there are plenty of beards to be stroked on the island this year to some of the Techno coming out of the Funktion speakers.

Some of the main DJ's are missing a trick really, I think to strike a good mix of quality and fun in their sets would be a start.

So what you saying....this typical of whats being played?

I'm highlighting that this is a well respected (and I still respect her talent and listen to her show when I can) DJ who has been on the island for a "long" time, but this type of mix can bore after a "short" time.

Back