Is it really this bad?

Here's my 10 point ban plan to save ibiza. (When the revolution comes or Podemos get into govt!)
1. Ban those billboards and divs making a racket spelling out club brands at salinas, when you're trying to chill with some fine danish girls on the beach
2. Ban those spastic baseball caps worn back to front by 18 year olds
3. Ban 18 year olds
4. Introduce new clubs which have no name, no brand and no elevated stages for muppets to gawp at; make all DJs invisible. Put them in a crows nest if necessary; ban sale of merchandise tat in any club. You're there to get wasted - leave the shopping till you're back in whatever shithole you spend the rest of the year in
5. Ban edm and Bring back HOUSE!!! You remember, the music that put that island on the map in the first place
6. Ban table service, vip areas, and americans (unless they're black and come from detroit or chitown)
7. Ban curfews, ban restricted opening hours
8. Ban celebrities, unless they're culturally relevant geniuses like zidane or grace jones
9. Ban 'artists' from riding genre bandwagons they have no roots in or understanding of (no names ahem Disclosure)
10. Ban naff tourists and above all ban dj dinosaurs who used to be famous before the internet existed

Some good points, especially 4 regarding to the DJ booth and 5. But, Balearic house.

In general, you need only one thing to ban: The pre-sale of tickets.

The success of a night will only be shown at the door that same day.
With pre-sold tickets, Promoters does not need to care much if the punters show up or not.
Now they would have to calculate and think how to please their guests to choose their event. Lower drink prices, lower entrance fees, lower paid Djs as the so called "big names" will run like cockroaches in the light. No need to wave smartphones in the air and stare at an imaginary stage. Just party!

I'm kind of caught between really.

I still enjoy my trips to Ibiza. I know at 35 nostalgic thoughts are at almost every turn now. That's just called getting older I guess. I'm not a fan of the posing, the TOWIE wannabes should go to Marbella where they can spray cheep fizz at each other. As for the pulled up socks, EDM and shuffling? I don't know where that belongs!

Hostels and burger king are in the past, I now prefer some comfort and good food....maybe the odd cocktail. So I may play a part in feeding the monster myself a bit. For me to get my fix of Ibiza, to relive old memories and create new ones..... Don't I have to evolve and change a bit?

I won't be at Aviici's next night, I won't try and learn to shuffle and don't have a cap or a vest! However, I'm 2 weeks time I will be there and I will have a fcuking good time!

ibiza is not about going to ocean beach just to get a selfie with wayne lineker/z list muppet it's like half the people going to ibiza are going for just that these are the same people who were probably into n dubz and pitbull 18 months ago- spastics the lot of em

Here's my 10 point ban plan to save ibiza. (When the revolution comes or Podemos get into govt!)
1. Ban those billboards and divs making a racket spelling out club brands at salinas, when you're trying to chill with some fine danish girls on the beach
2. Ban those spastic baseball caps worn back to front by 18 year olds
3. Ban 18 year olds
4. Introduce new clubs which have no name, no brand and no elevated stages for muppets to gawp at; make all DJs invisible. Put them in a crows nest if necessary; ban sale of merchandise tat in any club. You're there to get wasted - leave the shopping till you're back in whatever shithole you spend the rest of the year in
5. Ban edm and Bring back HOUSE!!! You remember, the music that put that island on the map in the first place
6. Ban table service, vip areas, and americans (unless they're black and come from detroit or chitown)
7. Ban curfews, ban restricted opening hours
8. Ban celebrities, unless they're culturally relevant geniuses like zidane or grace jones
9. Ban 'artists' from riding genre bandwagons they have no roots in or understanding of (no names ahem Disclosure)
10. Ban naff tourists and above all ban dj dinosaurs who used to be famous before the internet existed

After all, Ibiza was built on rules and rules which must be enforced...

I hear Croatia is quite a good spot now. Any experiences?

Cheap?
Weather?
Women?
Daytime activities/parties?
Nightlife?

Also, ban all billboard advertising, flyers, posters etc where the art work is a djs face! No decent party should have the face of the dj as the advertising!

Where has the creative flyer art work gone!?

yeah I agree, it's really a shame most promoters focus so much on the DJs only. the artwork for posters and flyers has suffered a lot because of this. another thing I personally really miss are nice decorations. I hate LED screens myself. there are really few parties left which do proper déco. el row of course (their déco is worth a weekly visit alone), then pacha for flower power is something absolutely worthwhile to see. origins (luciano's amnesia floor takeovers at cocoon) have nice deco elements too. but that's about it (OK I might have forgotten one or two). ushuaïa of course have big production, but on a proper decoration level, it really has been better (or let's just say 'different') in the past.

Such a cool toy. Been around for a few years but only in Ibiza from last year or year before I think. Because you need a jetski and driver to run them it's pricey (about 100Euro/hr or 1,000Euro/day something like that). Not the cheapest thing to learn how to master !

It's the first time I've seen the Ushuaia pool used for anything remotely useful !!!!!! :spank:

Also, ban all billboard advertising, flyers, posters etc where the art work is a djs face! No decent party should have the face of the dj as the advertising!

Where has the creative flyer art work gone!?
always liked the billboards ... but most of them suck now ... boring + tacky eyesore.
unreal how fresh and clean an island like menorca looks without ANY billboards !!

I guess it might detract from the main attraction ....

gordon+brown_head_in_hands.jpg

Back