Help Needed Please which resort ??

mollymandy

Hello All never been to Ibiza looking for some help Please

Looking on going to Ibiza next year on a big family holiday age range from baby to pensioner
Really Confused as been travel agent and they said playa den bossa but reading a lot of reviews say playa den bossa Is not good for family's anymore ??

Now not sure where to look at san ant bay or playa den bossa or es cana, I know everyone's opinions and like/dislikes are not the same but just want some advise on the best resort on the island looking for somewhere not in the middle of a party scene but also somewhere not remote with nothing outside of the hotel
Would be going in the main holidays

Most of the hotels we have looked at with big pools and family orientated say they are all booked up for next july already

Looking for a good family orientated all-inclusive hotel with good size pool
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

I would suggest Cala Llonga or Es Cana for a "family" yobo free holiday - both with easy access to Santa Eularia for shopping trips.

Yep I would not stay in PDB with a family. I think the above advice is good. San An bay perhaps as well

o_O :eek:

... Most of the hotels we have looked at with big pools and family orientated say they are all booked up for next july already ...
maybe try palladium palace @ the very (quiet) end of the beach of that hellhole playadenbossa

so you tried the bahamas in pdb.if not the sirenis cala llonga resort.nice small safe resort.near to Santa Eularia es cana and ibizatown.good buses as well.if not try caribe hotel in es cana.again nice small family resort.or look at the Sirenis Seaview Country Club in the san bay.waterpark as well.

years ago pdb was full of faimlys in the fiesta land resort.now its up market hotel.with only a few left and going fast as i hear the palm beach is having some change soon.

Thank you all so much for your help
Is Santa Eularia area very remote ? Would love Sirenis Seaview Country Club but a bit out of our price range it coming up a £5000 for three
These are the hotels that still have rooms available that im looking at

Aparthotel Marvell club san Antonio bay
Azuline hotel Bergantin san Antonio bay
Caribe Hotel Es cana
Invisa hotel Eresco es cana
Azuline Coral beach hotel Es cana

Has anyone stayed at any of theses ?

I will take a look at palladium palace & Cala Llonga & sirenis cala llonga resort

Thanks again

palladium palace will be over pricerd as well.stick to es cana hotels.and look at the cala l;onga one.Santa Eularia is the 2nd town of ibiza.lots of normal shops markets bars eating places.nice prom beaches and boat area.

Es Canar feels further away than San Antonio from Ibiza Town. But that's because there's no dual carriageway and there is traffic delay on the road up there all Summer - it is actually no further. MUCH more suitable for a family holiday. Playa d'en Bossa is full of drug dealers, Guardia Civil, pick-pockets, ticket touts, young to mid-30s adult tourists (without kids and in groups), wealthy visitors holed up in astronomically expensive hotels... and a few families mainly staying down Club Bahamas etc. as far away from the main bars as they can manage. It's not somewhere I'd take my kids.

:eek:

... Playa d'en Bossa is full of drug dealers, Guardia Civil, pick-pockets, ticket touts, young to mid-30s adult tourists (without kids and in groups), wealthy visitors holed up in astronomically expensive hotels ..

nice.

:lol: :twisted:

Always stay near Cala Llonga since the late 80s and never regret it. The resort has grown over the years, but its still cosy.
Nice beach with playground and shallow waters, which are ideal for little kids.

it is a nice resort you could try the el pina apartments.i;ve stayed there once.very nice.s/c or a/i now.nice rooms great staff.just a bit of entertainment at night.but nothing is day.but its nice to just relax.walk down some steps right on to beach.shop other side of bay for food.bustop 5 min walk with lots of shops to buy stuff you need.little funfair i think is still there.one road in to resort.ferry boats other side of bay to take you anywhere.bus 15 to town or 41 to Santa Eularia then 18 to es cana for hippy market.like said its cosy.
i nip in sometimes if i am up there for lunch.great food they do.nice bar with tvs sport etc.

check link out for details http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/elpinar

Stayed in Cala Llonga last year, it's ok if you want English food, English beer, English Sky Sports and are happy to be in bed before midnight. There were no decent restaurants or bars. If you are happy to drive somewhere for dinner every night then its an ok base but there's very little there. You could stay anywhere on the Costa Del Sol and have a very similar experience for much less.

There's a lot more happening in Santa Eularia than Es Canar but it's very popular in season. I'm also sure a load of hotels won't have released their allocations for next July so everywhere isn't full already, it just may be that early allocations have been filled or places are showing full because they can't be booked yet or the hotels haven't decided what to charge yet. It's extremely early to book ahead (11 months in advance) and there will be lots of cancellations if people do. Tour Operators adjust their allocations, rooms and apartments come available etc. etc. A bit like flights. So no need to panic ;). I book my trips 2 days ahead and still manage to find a room somewhere decent if I want one in July !

I can think of a dozen places which would make a far better family holiday than Playa d'en Bossa off the top of my head, most at a far lower price in real terms overall. So definitely wouldn't bother going there as a fully mixed-age family group. Even San Antonio Bay would make a much better destination and probably much cheaper too. Would a villa somewhere not be better if you're a large group ?

... it actually IS further away ;)

You are correct icey - a whole 4km further :lol:. Santa Eularia is about the same distance but feels much further away due to THAT ROAD which you crawl along !

Wow your all so helpful you have all have given me more help than the travel agents they said first choice would be PDB then San A Bay but to avoid Santa Eularia and portinatx as there too remote

Stayed in Cala Llonga last year, it's ok if you want English food, English beer, English Sky Sports and are happy to be in bed before midnight. There were no decent restaurants or bars. If you are happy to drive somewhere for dinner every night then its an ok base but there's very little there. You could stay anywhere on the Costa Del Sol and have a very similar experience for much less.
If you consider the age range involved then what you have described (not that I agree) might well be suitable...

Back