Circo Loco at DCIO

SmileyT

I'm heading to Ibiza in late September for the closings, and for the first time in 8 visits I will finally make it to Circo Loco at DC10! I'm really looking forward to it, but I can't find any reviews on the forum, which is surprising... There's a nice review in Spotlight's clubbing magazine about the Innervisions party there recently, but can anyone give me a virtual tour guide on what to expect at Circo Loco, what kind of music is being played this year, what time to head over (assuming that we are going on to the Cocoon closing afterwards but want to experience some daytime clubbing also)?

Go early! We didn't arrive until about 8pm this year, then left and went to cocoon at about 2! Wish I went to DC10 earlier. Round 2 may be on the horizon though....

It does get absolutely mobbed. Like seriously seriously packed! Haha! Don't let it put you off, just get in amongst it all. Most people don't even attempt to get down the front in the terrace, thinking its a lost cause, however there is actually more room there I have found!

Music wise, I suppose it depends on who is playing! The spectrum is mainly house to techno (and everything in between...deep house...and some seriously filthy tech-house). Underground. Love it.

Enjoy :D

Thanks for the tips :) The line-up for 29 September is not yet published on the spotlight calendar, so am curious to see who will be playing. I've heard that DC10 is a real "clubber's club", where people go for the music not to be seen like at Pacha. I guess that the terrace is packed until a certain time and then the action moves indoors, or does the terrace stay open until it closes? And by the way, what time does DC10 close?

the terrace and main room are both indoors....the garden will be open early and usually closes around 2030....like my sis said (eveyt) get there with a good few hours of daylight to get the real dc10 experience...and yes it gets really busy.... but get in amongst it and yes there is that bit of space down the front as well :)
both the terrace and main room will be open until aroun 4am.....and the garden area becomes the chillzone after 2030.....

Line ups only get revealed week by week so don't expect to find out who is on until the week before you are due to go....quite like it that way though as there is an element of surprise/excitement each week. Although they do stick to a usual pool of artists they seem to throw in some curve balls in September.

I didn't think it had an official closing time! Yes, I agree, people go for the love of the music = better people!

So there are three dance areas open until 20:30 when hey turn down the BPMs/volume in the garden? Is the garden a big space, or is it just that fewer people come early/people spread out in all three spaces?

bang on, the garden is the biggest area of the 3, its also really busy come midnight....we asked each other the question last week lying on PDB beach "what if everyone decided at same time to go onto terrace in there?".....pure carnage it would be.....but the current cycle works just fine :)

If this is the closing, go early. Because once it fills up it will be unbearable and won't be fun.

The closing party will be the week later I think. The terrace still lets natural light in through the side so dance either there or the garden till the night comes in.
It's always one of my favourite moments in ibiza, seeing the sun go down from the DC-10 Terrace with that bass going through you and happy faces everywhere

I always use to head on to cocoon after but recently the music has been so good I tend to just stay there till closing. Sometimes when you leave one club to another you lose a bit of momentum.

You will love it.

The closing party will be the week later I think. The terrace still lets natural light in through the side so dance either there or the garden till the night comes in.
It's always one of my favourite moments in ibiza, seeing the sun go down from the DC-10 Terrace with that bass going through you and happy faces everywhere

I always use to head on to cocoon after but recently the music has been so good I tend to just stay there till closing. Sometimes when you leave one club to another you lose a bit of momentum.

You will love it.
Cheers for giving me an idea of what to expect :) Here's hoping the weather is good in late September. Music-wise is it more techno this year? I heard that it used to be very techno but then went more deep house lately?

The music tends to be a bit housier on the terrace and I guess in the garden as well, at least earlier on. You'll have the likes of kerri chandler, martinez brothers, chez damier, apollonia playing in those areas. later on you might get troxler, tale of us or cassy taking things a bit harder on the terrace.

Inside is generally much darker and the music suits that environment. I've seen Ellen Allien, Sasha, DVS1 all play pretty dark in the main room and even if you get troxler or cassy with a spot in the main room they tend to play much harder to a terrace set.

By the way, anyone with photos or video they want to post here?
Go on youtube mate and search dc10 garden or dc10 terrace LOADS of videos to watch on there. I do it regularly when I need a quick fix while I wait for my turn to go. Only 4 weeks now!!!

You will love it

wow that doesnt look nearly as busy / cramped as when i last went couple years ago. You can actually get to the terrace!

we will back at dc10 on 15th Sept ... needs musts :)
Thats the week before me. I booked way back in jan so this has been a loooong time coming! Just want to know the line up now. Hoping appollonia are on it. Never seen kerri chandler in person either so be happy if he is on the line up as well.

Just want to get bang in the middle of it all!

Back