Gatecrasher is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gatecrasher really have f*cked this up spectacularly, haven't they? It's all very well blaming numbers in San Antonio this year (as has been said in another thread, it's more a shift in demographic than numbers being down) but clearly GC have got everything wrong.

I think this is something that can be leveled at a number of the clubs this summer - but GC were really slow to get their shit together and announce their roster for the summer. The announcement of a trance event was particularly late and apparently the word on the street was that there originally wasn't going to be one. In retrospect, the whole thing was half-baked.

And I think advertising people that have long since been dropped from the line up just sums up Gatecrasher currently as a brand. Unscrupulous, unprofessional, caring less than a shit about their punters.

To think all the praise that came their way when those line ups were announced. If only Captain Hindsight had come back in his time machine to warn us.

The whole thing is a joke.. with line ups like that they were definitely up their with the big boys but spectacularly messed up. They wont be around to even finish the season no doubt. Numbers is a crap excuse in all honesty not the first thing gatecrasher have messed up, I hope it is the last though. Trance night was definitely an after thought I am sure I saw a post on here somewhere with the back page of mixmag on it showing all the events for each night and crasher was not on it, however I may be mistaken.

Toolroom Knights was originally going to be on the Monday, then with the outrage of no Trance night at GC, they dropped it for Crasher

I Bet the guys at toolroom knights were pissed off at the time, laughing now though

I can only imagine. They'd confirmed it and put it up on facebook, Mark Knight + Management must of been furious when they learned GC dropped them.
Might make a visit to Booom for Toolroom, still not been to that club

Crasher Mondays no more? They've disappeared off of GC Ibiza's website. The two main headliners, Ben Gold and RAM, (according to people on facebook) did not play at the venue last night.

After hearing of last night no shows It is down to downright theft and fraud now.

This is the end for GC in ibiza. Because even if they managed to sort it out nobody would trust them anymore.

After hearing of last night no shows It is down to downright theft and fraud now.

This is the end for GC in ibiza. Because even if they managed to sort it out nobody would trust them anymore.

I guess it's down to how they promoted it on the island. There wasn't any promotion on fb for it.

Well I have just canceled my tickets as wanted to to Super 8 abd tap plus Ben gold but just don't want to risk going and they not being there

I see they've issued a quite whining statement that social media is out to get them, that they've made mistakes but everyone is struggling in Ibiza in 2014...

load of old cobblers, if their errors were things like say running out of beer because they underestimated demand, or had a big DJ cancel on them through injury or illness etc you would have sympathy for them in their first Ibiza year. But not paying DJ's, bar staff, PR's...cancelling gigs at last minute, shutting their doors early on a night etc is just inexcusable.

there is no way back for this club now, its name is tarnished. Eden was struggling, but at least it was getting punters through the door (mainly with free wristbands) this has been one big mess.

and while the West End has been quieter, they only need to look across town to see how Cafe Mambo are packing their bar nightly, or look across the island to see what the Bossa & San Rafael bars and clubs are doing to see how it should be done.

Just read all 21 pages of this. Quite a story. From the pre-season speculation, to the excitement and then the disappointment.

Real shame.

Has Es Paradis benefited from this craziness?

Just read all 21 pages of this. Quite a story. From the pre-season speculation, to the excitement and then the disappointment.

Real shame.

Has Es Paradis benefited from this craziness?

You'd hope so. They played it relatively safe this season, reckon it's now worked dividends for them

I wonder what the real answer is for these two clubs.

San Antonio seems to be in limbo at the mo not quite sure what it wants to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back