DJ Set Times

tomkozski

I'll be going to Ibiza for my first time Aug 10-14 (sadly just 4 nights). I'm interested in seeing a few DJs, but just wanted to find out at what times do the main DJs start their sets? I know things start later in Ibiza, but here in the U.S. the few clubs I've been too the main DJs usually start at midnight (Glow in Washington, DC). I'm hoping to see Avicii and maybe Hardwell at Ushuaia, Carl Cox at Space, and Markus Schulz at Amnesia. Since some DJs are playing on the same days/nights (Avicii and Markus Schulz), is it possible to see both? And for an Ibiza virgin, is seeing two big names in one night advisable?

ok first things first. ushuaïa has different opening hours compared to space and amnesia. while the latter two are open in the night and until 7am, ushuaïa opens at 5pm and closes at midnight.

this means, the headliners at ushuaïa normally play from 10pm to midnight.

carl cox normally plays from 3:30am to close (7am). as for markus schulz he'll either play the middle set (say 2-5am) or the last one, 4am to close (7am).

it's not something uncommon to combine two events, especially when it includes ushuaïa it can easily be done.

Thanks! At Space I see some DJ's do "sunset sets." Is that before midnight?

You're welcome. Yes absolutely. On Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays Space opens early (somewhere between 4:30pm and 9pm depending on the night) and there are always sunset sets which happen on the sunset terrace.

You're welcome. Yes absolutely. On Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays Space opens early (somewhere between 4:30pm and 9pm depending on the night) and there are always sunset sets which happen on the sunset terrace.

I just got back from the island, and it felt like a lot of the headlining djs went on earlier than I'm used to. Digweed @ Pacha went on at 3, Sasha @ space went on at 2, and I see set times listed for tonight where 2:30 seems to be the normal headlining slot.

Granted, Cocoon still did it right, tho, Sven and Adam bayer went on at 3:30-close hehe

Is this a trend the clubs are trying to push, earlier set times = more chance to drink? =)

Back