What do most people wear in Ibiza?

PS - this photo was taken in San An at 8.30am on Wednesday morning ... the group of people larking about have just got there from a night of clubbing on their way home. Gives a pretty good idea of what to expect :

526641_386363008097024_2019438231_n.jpg

Calo des moro, my favourite place. Maybe not at 8:30 am though. I slept there a couple of years ago in just a t-shirt and shorts cause I couldn't check in to my hotel before noon, absolutely freezing.

well, I guess if you were a worker you would wear the same as everyone else. nonsense clothes such as the following;

- a cap at an odd angle
- a vest with your nipples showing
OR
- a ripped tshirt with some psychedelic pattern from the 80s
- jean shorts (too short / too long)
- sports socks (pulled up too high)
- trains (same brand / colour everyone else has)

I'd avoid that if possible to be honest. It will only make people dislike you.

The rest wear whatever they want. There are no rules. Just don't dress like a tosser, don't be too cool, don't be totally uncool.

p.s. there are nudist beaches if you should so choose to wear nothing.

We came down for the end of August and begining of September one year. I had not been here for about 18 years and had forgotten just how hot and humid it can get. The first night out, I was wearing some smart shoes, jeans and a nice shirt. The heat was killing me after an hour or so. For the rest of the holiday I was mostly in flip flops, shorts and vest and never wore most of the clothes I had brought with me.
It's pretty much what I wear all Summer since I moved down here. It also gives me great pleasure to know that some people really dislike the look.

It also gives me great pleasure to know that some people really dislike the look.

Couldn't agree more. If someone is really that bothered by what I'm wearing they clearly have issues they need to deal with first before they start worrying about me.

Vests, long socks, skate trainers. The fashion police would have a hay day with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
... and breathe .... now I know who's to blame for some of the sights for sore eyes gracing the Calles of Ibiza ... it's none other than our friendly fashion police a.k.a. recommendations on the catalogues of 'trendy young British brands'. Check these out :

"Swim shorts are updated this season to have a sports silhouette, which come in bright pastel like colours. Top it all off with a snapback, the other holiday essential." See ?

When catalogues show models in long white socks, what hope is there for impressionable young buyers ? :

52P63GGRN_2_thumb.jpg

Then there are these little Summer ensembles, which look like someone vomited over the whole caboodle on the way out of Burger King

76H13HBLK_2_thumb.jpg

66C34IBLK_2_thumb.jpg

79C15IMUL_2_thumb.jpg

In all seriousness, the last three make me put my head in my hands in despair. Kids, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in fairness to the rest of humanity DON'T LISTEN to the morons who say this lot is "cool". It just isn't, never has been and never will be. The people who design this stuff need to be lined up against the wall and dispatched to Planet Sense.

I may have worn the odd horrendous floral shirt in my day :)oops:) but I'd never have gone for matching shorts. Maybe if I was a toddler without any say in the matter I'd have an excuse but as a grown teenager ? Come on. FFS get a grip !!!!!!!!!!

Saw a few in those long white socks and flip flops in June ffs I remember the gangsters in films like menace to society wore 20 years ago ha ha.

They're just clothes, in 20 years time we'll all look back at what we used to wear and cringe. Having said that, anyone under 70 who wears socks and sandals should be tied to a post at low tide

Speedos man as well. From the taxi to the airport going there and they only come off when I get back home. I take 14 pairs, one for each days in my hand luggage.

Speedos man as well. From the taxi to the airport going there and they only come off when I get back home. I take 14 pairs, one for each days in my hand luggage.

Just the speedos ? Do you wear a bum bag with those these days ? They're all the rage with the kids ...

Back