Online Survey on (Dance) Music - free £1000 prize draw

Cornel

I was wondering if I could ask you all for a big favour: I am a senior lecturer in sociology at Surrey University and I am currently running a project on the value of (commercial) arts and culture. As part of this project we are conducting an online survey with fans and enthusiasts across different forms of popular culture, including music.

At the moment, we have had quite a lot of respondents with a preference for rock, indie, pop, etc. (partly because I did research at UK festivals last year), but we would really love to hear from more serious clubbers and fans of electronic music including, House, Dance, etc.

So if you happened to have 15-20 minutes, it would be fantastic if you could go to

www.culture-survey.org

and click on the "music" icon. And if you do the full survey, you will get to some dance music in the end, too :)

Also, as a participation incentive there is a £1,000 cash prize that will go to one randomly drwan respondents when the survey closes at the end of July. So you might have a nice four figure sum to blow in time for the closing parties!

Also, if you want to be extra nice, it would be fantastic if you could share the link to the survey with any friends or via social media (maybe mentioning the £1000). We are also on twitter (@culture_survey) and facebook (www.facebook/culturesurvey).

I should add that unfortunately the prize draw is limited to those with a UK address, but everyone is of course welcome to participate.

Thank you!!!

Cornel

P.S. To those of you who kindly took the time to talk to me about their Ibiza experiences in 2012, the chapter I wrote based on that research was published last year:

Sandvoss, Cornel (2013) ‘“I ♥ Ibiza”: Music, Place and Belonging’, in Mark Duffett (ed) Popular Music Fandom: Identities, Roles and Practices. New York: Routledge.

If you'd like a copy, let me know and I will send you one.

I thought I mention quickly that we are in the last three days of the survey now, and the winner is to be drawn on Friday. So if you fill in the survey now, you might have an extra £1000 to plan a quick trip to Ibiza come Saturday morning :)

And also, we really could do with a few more participants from an electronic music background.

To participate just visit www.culture-survey.org and click on the music icon.

Thank you :)

I did the survey and I would also be interested to read the research you did from a couple of years ago. I was actually going to take part in that for you but for various reasons I forgot to get back in touch, sorry.

Thank you :) Just send me your email address and I can email you the PDF file of the chapter I did in 2012 . Or if you are happy to do one of the follow up interviews, let me know (I won't know whose email address is whose on the data set).

Thanks!

Back