RADIO 1 in Ibiza 2014

To apply for tickets must be aged 18 or over. You can only apply for a PAIR of tickets – and there are 3500 pairs available. Please note that tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis and are only available online. Tickets are free, but there is a €3 (3 EURO) booking fee attached to each tickets, so will be €6 (6 EUROS) per pair.

BBC Radio 1 are working with Ticketmaster Spain, to distribute tickets for this event.

You do not need to enter your passport number in the field where requested- alternatively you can enter any random 4 digit code (e.g. 0000, 1234, 9681)

If you do have a login for Ticketmaster UK it will not work on Ticketmaster Spain. You will be asked to register with Ticketmaster Spain when booking your tickets, by registering you will not lose your position in the booking queue

You can get a maximum of two tickets. A handling fee of 3 euros will applied to each ticket to cover administration handling costs.

Tickets for this amazing night are available NOW!

If you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out below, click here to enter your details via a secure site hosted by Ticketmaster Spain, who are handling this process on the BBC’s behalf

This is soo normally free! Was on the sunset strip for years and now it's set up at Oooshwaya Ticketmaster have got their grubby hands on it...

yup, first time ever it has a cost. I mean OK it's only 3€ but also the fact you apparently won't be able to grab any bands on the island is a bit crap.

not sure, but thinking now...they apparently only give out 3000 tickets online. ushuaïa holds more space than this. so this makes me think there might be still wristbands given out on-island the day before the event. we shall see.

Innit robot!
I haven't been to it and the only reason I was gonna set foot in that particular venue was cos it was advertised as free. 6 euro for a set of tickets is still 6 euro. What was I thinking...a night where Guetta is playing...

I don't know about you guys but i purposely book my Ibiza trips to avoid R1inIbz week. For a week Radio1 comes to town and washes away the feel of Ibiza we all love and replaces it with commercial tackiness usually reserved for Magaluf etc.

I like Annie Mac and Co but i find BBC use Ibiza like a big promotional cow to milk for a week, and discard it for the rest of the season. They could produce a regular show on the island or broadcast live sets, but instead they take the bulldozer approach.

Its Monday and i felt like a moan..

Does anyone know if you need to have got tickets if you are staying at Ushuaia?

Pancho, kinda agree with you that I think the usual Ibiza vibe will be infiltrated by a bunch of people just looking for mainstream commercial hits that they've heard on the radio a million times BUT this is what usually gets people hooked and then they explore what else is on offer on the island and hear new kind of music that they wouldn't have been exposed to before.

I for one can't wait for the atmosphere, nothing worse than hearing it on the radio / seeing on tv and wishing you were there. Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it's going to be packed with tackiness but the line up at Ushuaia on the Friday and Privilege on the Saturday isn't too shabby!

Roll on Thursday when we fly out :)

Totally agree that it must encourage people to visit and fall in love with the place but i don't like the whole takeover style, its as if Radio 1 thinks its bigger than Ibiza and is doing this puny little island a favour by bringing some talent and events over.

It would be nice to see a more permanent presence on the island by BBC which would explore the real feeling of the place

EDIT:

Something like the Radio1 dance radio 24hr live stream they are doing all week which i've just found. Now this will get me keen for 9th August when i finally touch down!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p021l7lz/live

Last edited:
Guys do you have any idea on bbc party on driftwood on Monday 4th of august??? Spotlight calender and site say its a specail party.... bug not lineups or any details announced

The radio one weekend used to be massive with virtually every show from Friday morning until Sunday evening broadcast live from various places on the island.

The radio one weekend used to be massive with virtually every show from Friday morning until Sunday evening broadcast live from various places on the island.
Ive heard about the shows they used to put out i.e. Zoe Ball and Sara Cox still in a pickle from the night before live on air etc. Thats what i want to hear, radio 1 living the ibiza experience. Not Radio 1 presenting Radio1 Big Weekend from an island which happens to be Ibiza

Listen to last years breakfast show that came live from mambo everyone had been to creams birthday no sleep before going on air was really funny

Ive heard about the shows they used to put out i.e. Zoe Ball and Sara Cox still in a pickle from the night before live on air etc. Thats what i want to hear, radio 1 living the ibiza experience. Not Radio 1 presenting Radio1 Big Weekend from an island which happens to be Ibiza

This sums it up really. And remember Lisa I'Anson! Though she lost her job for partying a bit toooo hard!

They did stuff from BarM... Mambo... The Old Zoo and the windmill near the Hawaii one year when I was there.. Or maybe it was over a couple of the years I did the weekend.

98 that I think? She went AWOL didnt she, we were there that year , think they moved the whole station out and half of them got on it big time.

They did stuff from BarM... Mambo... The Old Zoo and the windmill near the Hawaii one year when I was there.. Or maybe it was over a couple of the years I did the weekend.

Punta Es Moli was the windmill open air parties, in 02 and 03. just turn up with a load of drinks and enjoy it, thought they were really good. More laid back to attend, instead of the way you have to be super organised to go now and fill Ushuiaias pockets of course....

I think I said it above (and don't want to be a party pooper), but why are you guys so keen for the Ushuaia R1 event? The sets are probably max 30 minutes? Can any artist get into a 30 minute set? Though appreciate you do get to see / hear a lot of acts!

Back