Cocoon 2014

cocoon last night - arrived very late (5am) because we closed out dc10 before.

the rest of sven's solo set was excellent as always. but, as much as I love cocoon (no secrets there), I must say that the idea of luciano and sven then playing b2b for the last hours was just NOT a good one. the way and the style they play is so different, it's just a very incompatible pairing IMO. it was a bit of a weird one to see really. but sven saved it at the very end with the last few tunes :)

cocoon last night - arrived very late (5am) because we closed out dc10 before.

the rest of sven's solo set was excellent as always. but, as much as I love cocoon (no secrets there), I must say that the idea of luciano and sven then playing b2b for the last hours was just NOT a good one. the way and the style they play is so different, it's just a very incompatible pairing IMO. it was a bit of a weird one to see really. but sven saved it at the very end with the last few tunes :)

Interesting. Agree, doesn't sound like a good idea. But if there is one man who knows how to correct a bad set it's Sven! How was the overall vibe last night? Is it getting more packed out as we approach peak season?

The video I saw when everywhere we go was playing looked like it had a decent atmosphere.
I don't like luciano anyway so if they went back to back I'd probably stand and moan :D
Any afters stivi? ;)

it was well busy - perfectly busy IMO. yeah the atmosphere was good, but I definitely wasn't the only one thinking the b2b isn't such a good idea.

afters...no official one this week, but that didn't stop a few people from carrying on...

Flashback: can't help but think of this any time the topic of Sven b2b Luciano comes up:

Sounds like this week didn't top it :)

I wish if gone last night line up was sick!!

Went that night Ollie. My only Cocoon of the season as I live all the way in NYC..unless I cave in and go to closing :twisted:

Got in there right as Frank was getting his live set going on the terrace...was a solid set and he was really into it...but the crowd not so much. Not enough people knew what they were listening to. Love AME, Love Innervisions. Caught Christian play 4 hours at Berghain the week before. Also met them both at Muting The Noise/Innerivisions Berlin record shop the a few days before Coocon.

Sven came in and was playing pretty nice, nothing super epic.

It was a main room techno night. Terrace was never too packed. But Klock had a decent crowd in main and Adam Beyer was pummeling everyone...he stole the show for me. Ended up leaving around 6 bc my gf doesn't have testicles.

10570280_10152568804661041_6712675808952699170_n.jpg

:) :) :)

It was a main room techno night. Terrace was never too packed. But Klock had a decent crowd in main and Adam Beyer was pummeling everyone...he stole the show for me. Ended up leaving around 6 bc my gf doesn't have testicles.[/QUOTE said:
Haha, I've had that issue before now! If only they could borrow a pair for Cocoon, and then ditch them with the Amnesia doormen on the way out! Full-time would not be pleasant.

Back