23-30th June - Not one F*** was given!! :)

srobertson24

Bonjour forum people!!

Here i am again after another week on the white isle, for any of you that read my review from last year it was a very quiet affair with a lady friend where we travelled around the island for 7 days and was really chilled out and different to say the least!!

This year was back to the norm! Me & One of my good friends were going for a week, san antonio..general english lads abroad holiday, now as it was my friends first proper "lads" holiday i thought it only right that we come to ibiza that way he can experience everything first hand and throw him in the deep end as it were!

So me being me and a self named veteran for coming to the island, i tried to set a few plans for me and my friend, he was adament he wanted to go hardwell & departures opening. not against that at all but basically we played it all by ear and here is the week as it unfolded.

Hope you all enjoy the read. Here goes nothing, Oh and btw if anyone could tell me how to embed photos onto this post would be greatly appreciated! Okay here goes........

23rd June - Blackpool to Ibiza

T
he day had finally arrived, as said previously this was my friends first time to the island and as he's into the same music as me and seeing big name dj's as much as poss, this would be an amazing holiday for us both and were both chomping at the bit!

An early meet up at the pub next door the "the shed" (blackpool airport) the sun was shining and a few beers down and talk was all about what do we do when we land? Drop our bags and straight to sunset? Our flight was due to land at 7.30pm so i thought this would be the best idea and maybe hit the west end, was going to be a long day but hey plans never stay the way you want them to!

More people started to arrive at the pub with cases and we all started talking, a group of lads from wigan , loud and clearly a few to many jars to start with, we knew the well known flights TO ibiza was going to be happening today, it was when one of the lads asked us if we could "sort some supplies out" for them before the plane. Wow their hitting it early, even though we obliged to help it was on their own head as to what state they get into.

Anyway moving on a little, a group of 3 girls also got talking to us from blackburn, nice girls, we all walk to "the shed" if anyone's flown from here you'll know what i mean, we go through the corridor of security which really is a joke , go through , another quick beer and we're boarding the plane.
10388649_10153070749828438_5705296581998504926_n.jpg

10463996_10153070750573438_8725267690435694735_n.jpg

As plane journeys go, this was nothing special, untill around 30 mins before landing, one of the guys that wanted the supplies before the flight gettin very lary and loud with the jet2 staff, we kept our heads down and behaved ourselves, as we landed the pilot announced that we should all stay in our seats as the guardia civil had been called to board the plane and take off a few people that were causing trouble...OH SHIT!

As they boarded our plane, they went straight past the guys we knew and to a couple, i personally hadnt seen or heard them during the flight, as they were taken away i heard a few other customers mentioning they were doing drugs at their seats as families were around. WOW!

So we finally get off our plane and onto the bendy bus to the terminal, before we set off we see the 3 girls talkin to the guardia civil aswell. After getting through passport control, we see 2 of the 3 girls walk through and one of them has been taken away by the police and told they can pick her up later that night.

Apologies for the long intro especially for the flight itself, but this is the most "action" i've ever seen on a flight to ibiza. Especially as one of the girls was simply complaining because she was in pain as we landed, ears popped and shooting pains.

Anyway we grab a taxi, and the holiday begins, my friend getting excited seeing all the billboards for different nights and dj's and cant wrap his head around how big it all is over in ibiza.

COCOON he shouts, Isnt that on tonight? This could be epic!

More to come soon guys!

Last edited:
Monday 23rd June - Sunset & Cocoon

So after arriving at our hotel, we get in the room, drop our bags and get ourselves round to the sunset, we literally just missed it, but still got some drinks from the shop and sat on the rocks. My friend immediatly "got it" and was smiling from ear to ear, everyone sat outside mambo with their drinks, the music pumping out and the sky slowly getting darker.

1981744_10153070751513438_2556764808644629483_n.jpg

So we end up talking to a group of girls that are off to cocoon at amnesia tonight, its their last night but one of them can't afford it, so my friend being the ladies man that he likes to think he is, offers to buy her one and also buys himself and me one! BONUS! The night has just stepped up a gear, i start to get giddy, after not attending any clubs last year and amnesia having a fond place in my heart im like a little kid at xmas time!

We say our goodbyes to the girls exchange numbers and arrange to meet them later on, make our own way back to our hotel for more pre drinks and also to pick up some supplies for the weeks antics. Gonna try not to bang on about the "supplies" part too much as it will become clear later on so bear with me!

So we get told by the ticket seller you can get free bus to cocoon outside plastik in san an, bonus for us as this is literally underneath where we're staying. After a few vodka limon's in the room we head down to plastik, suprisingly enough i've never stepped foot in here before but can't say i've missed much, one drink and we get on the bus ( i think ) my memory is a little fuzzy from us gettin to amnesia and maybe the first hour or so in the club itself.

Now i've never really been into the techno music scene tbh, but boy am i glad i came to cocoon, i couldn't name you one song that was played that night, but i do remember two stepping till 7am'ish in the terrace, the vibe in the club was amazing, the people there were there for the music and not some sweaty mongs far too gone to even stand up or know whats going on which was excellent, as the last time i was in amnesia was for the opening in 2012 for Deadmau5. Anyway, sven vath, what can i say? Every single drop on what he was playing the place absolutley erupted. I hope someone off the forum was there and can maybe put a bit more detail into this for me! Apologies! :)

When we finally got back to our room around 8am, we were still buzzing and couldn't shutup about how good that night was, i know everyone's first night is usually their best, but this night was truly the best i've ever had in my life and thats saying something. maybe it was the people, the music, seeing sven vath for the first time, who knows maybe all the moons aligned that night.

We get our heads down for some well earned rest, still two stepping in our sleep, tomorrow is another day, can we find a better night than cocoon?? I highly doubted it!

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th June - "Recovery day"

So after waking up a few hours after gettin our head down after what was an amazing night, suprisingly i felt pretty good. Maybe because we were still thinking about two stepping, maybe just pure adrenaline, after a quick shower we headed out for something to eat, first mistake of the week was made!

Maybe during the hazy few hours of the previous night i had got a tad hungry and thought my lips would be the perfect meal to accompany a bottle of water and a dance, i had really done a number on myself and wasn't proud about it in the slightest although my friend couldn't help but rip a few jokes as he watched me wince as i tried to tuck into some toast! OUCHH!!

After eating like i had no teeth, we went back to the hotel and upto the rooftop pool, very few people about but i guess it was only 11am and low and behold i'd only just noticed the sun was nowhere to be seen, nothing but cloud cloud and more feckin cloud!! And then it rains, yes a typical english rant about the weather but the only one thankgod!

Few hours pass and the sun comes out to play, we get re-energised, and both order a kopparberg, WOW! The first one in the sun is amazing, the tunes were blasting out and it was techno, the talk returned to the night before and the little flashbacks we keep getting, the smiles were not dissapearing off of our faces that's for sure!

Few more fruity ciders down and we go back to our room, power naps & showers out of the way, we initially said we'd stay in tonight, properly renergise ourselves for tomorrow as we initially had big plans! After 30 mins of sitting around talking, watchin the people from our balcony walking upto ibiza rocks bar & itaca way, the music was on and we were getting ready haha!

Headed to the west end and my friends eyes were well and truly opened up to something new, probably the amount of pr's scurrying around to do as well as they can in their jobs, immediately the first girl approached my friend and took us into Vclub, i've been in here before and from what i remember was pretty good, the pr girl was flirting with my mate and he was lapping it up, thinking he was "well in there" untill 5 mins later she brings in numerous other guys using the same lines, The boy had been shotdown, but it was pretty funny to see!

After a few vodka's . i decided maybe to just walk to the end of the main street and work our way back down as tbh i couldn't remember if anywhere was good in the west end, every other time i've been it was random places, so we end up in Play2, pretty busy but nothing amazing , after that we bump into the 3 girls from the airport and plane journey, SURPRISE! At this point it was maybe 1-2am, i'm not gonna lie i was struggling to keep my eyes open, i make the decision to retire to my bed and leave my friend in the capable hands of the 3 girls.

Maybe all these times in ibiza i've never really burnt the candle at both ends kinda thing, but im definatly one who needs sleep, after getting back to the hotel and trying to get my head down its now near impossible, why does this always happen? After a few hours of nodding on and off, my friend walks in, well and truly had some supplies, the only response i get is

"I need sleep mate, but how good was cocoon the first night, its made my night, Ibiza has blown my mind" :rolleyes:

This is what i wanted to hear, my good friend from back home to actually get what i mean when all i bang on about is ibiza this ibiza that, i let the poor lad get some shut eye and our plans for Departures opening was getting ever nearer!! :cool:

Wednesday 25th July - Departures Or Sankeys

Another morning rolls round , the room feels like an absolute sweat pit, new people have got the room next door to us, their music is on full blast and shouting from their balcony, im not gonna complain i was exactly the same. Knocking at the door,' jesus effin christ i say gimme a break', im really not a morning person n it was about 10am. More knocking and i hear a little spanish woman shouting' Housekeeping, housekeepingggg' now anyone who's watched family guy you'll know what i mean when i say she looked and sounded like consuala ( if thats how u spell it ) after having a little giggle to myself and constantly repeating it for the rest of the day to my friends annoyance, we get ready and head to Ibiza rocks bar from some re-fuelling.

Now as mentioned before from the first night and i got a little over excited with my lips and eating them, today they were really sore. My head was pounding, said to myself just have the day off from doing any drinking, eat properly, lots of water, more sleep, try get myself back in the game. We both ordered the Skinny Breakfast, which is pancakes and fruit, perfect combo with an orange juice and an espresso!

10501701_10153063501733438_4190317015763386005_n.jpg

We get back to the hotel and talk turns to the days plans, should we "bother" with going to ushuaia and maybe sankeys after or retire to san an, or literally just chill for the day and relax, and smash sankeys later tonight. If only you could buy heinsight from a shop!! We decided just sankeys, i didnt mind even though i would of loved to of seen 2/3 of the SHM and especially at their opening party, Its gonna be tribal sessions at sankeys and i've heard good things.

The night rolls around and we head to sunset, meet up with a few friends back from home, few drinks later and back to our hotel , now from this moment i felt really tired and not "right" we still had some supplies from the first night so we pocket them to take later on, jump on the discobus to sankeys and we're away, the usual mongs trying to sell you allsorts on the way, some of the "products names" this year did make me laugh though! Snapchats, facebooks, hello kittys to name just a few, ( apologies if i shouldnt name them here but i'll take them off if ther's a problem!)

10436098_10153063497078438_514346467561600301_n.jpg

So we queue up to get in, maybe 15 mins wait, we have our supplies and we're in, now first ever time in sankeys for me for here and manchester so didnt know what to expect, we take a quick walk round to get our bearings, straight upto the roof terrace, found my little getaway if i need some fresh air which is a bonus, down to the lab which is pretty quiet, and back into the main room where Gorgon City is killing it, he drops his "ready for your love" which has everybody singing.

10477876_10153070754538438_9158863823716501587_n.jpg

Now i've been in clubs all over where its busy and no room to dance etc, but in here with the celings being pretty low, the heat and the crowds, i start to get a little panicky, maybe knowing in myself before we'd even set off that i wasn't feeling it at all, i give it another go of 30 mins in the main room but to no avail. I retire to the roof terrace for what i thought would be fresh air. Unfortunatly not, nothing against smokers but this was ridiculous, my head getting a bit spaced out and still panicky, i tell my friend im gonna go back to the hotel but for him to stay out with the two we'd met up with previously.

10484159_10153070755168438_592236602706384757_n.jpg

After about 15 mins of trying to find the exit door with no sign!! I leave the club a little gutted but personally if im not feeling it id rather just bail, i make my way down to space for the discobus home and the rest was history, my friend gets back about 6-7am, says he had a good night but was a little dissapointed by darius syrossian, sorry for spelling! All in all a wasted night for myself and money but hey ho, im glad i went to sankeys but wasn't really my cup of tea!

Tomorrow was another day, Tomorrow was Cream Amnesia!

Last edited:
yeah i was shocked myself, but seems as though tribal sessions is gettin a name for itself, packed full of northeners in white vests, including myself in that cliche group! :)

Thursday 26th June - Cream @ Amnesia

Morning breaks through the curtains, and maids bangin on your door for more fecking housekeeping. Cant complain to much mind! Up showered and out again to Ibiza Rocks Bar for a skinny breakfast, for 8 euro including an OJ im a happy northen monkey!!

Usual day to be honest, around the pool soaking up the rays and talking to a few people, i get talking to one blonde girl by the pool, she's here with her friend who's already coupled up with some guy after her first night, tattoo's all over her arse and body, downing magners and generally making waves in the pool if u catch my drift. Needless to say after i got back home i got a text off the blonde saying her mate had ended up in hospital with dehydration and a few infections, nothing but pure class in some girls!!

Moving swiftly on...we hit the vodka red bulls in the room, and head down to mambo's, second good sunset of the week and sets the mood for the rest of the night, daddys groove is on for FMIF pre party, not interested tbh but hey ho few good beats is good for me. We buy our tickets for the night and head back to the hotel, few calls to our friends and there at their hotel in the west end, stop off at my good friends for some supplies and finish our drinks and head to the disco bus!

10360831_10153063495468438_6607787679162209972_n.jpg

Everyone on the bus is buzzing, mainly for Martin Garrix! After seeing his set at the big weekend in glasgow i knew we were in for a good one!! Is it just me or is the terrace now gettin more of the big names for the big nights? Am i right in saying that its bigger than the main room? Stupid questions im sure but with not being in the right state to really take notice it jus suprises me that they still call the main room...the main room etc!

Anyway none of us were interested in A&B so straight to the terrace and wasn't that busy when we got there we get front and centre, i couldn't find out the name of the dj that was on but was pretty much just a warm up for the main guys, first of was Jay Hardway, he built the crowd up something fierce, with big drops and huge beats, a good 90mins or so set and it by then the terrace was packed, everyone was here for one man alone.

The youngster and ever so talented Martin Garrix, i think im right in saying this guy is only 18-19? Jesus christ can he get the crowd going, he drops a remix of Animals and Wizard, the crowd erupts, 90 minutes down, im sweating my bean off and we all need a water break, the crowd starts to disperse when bassjackers come onto the stage but this guy is tearing it even more and the crowd is bouncing, at this point we're on the balcony, i never knew we could come up here, thought it was VIP only and a great view of the stage , dj and crowd.

One of the lads spots Garrix coming up the stairs, yet nobody else bats an eyelid, too off their faces to realise? Perhaps! He runs into the vip but we manage to get a photo with him, i'll try to get it on here now not sure how but here goes!

10511287_809584662393645_5369283420557358122_n.jpg

I'm the one with the tongue and finger HAHA!

An awesome night with a pretty sweet end ! Discobus back , stop off for water and back to bed at around 5-6am, still shouting about the tunes and drops that were played, this has put me back in the mind set of how much i love ibiza, a good night with good people and good music, you can't get any better! :cool:

Last edited:
I was at Tribal Sessions that night, it was virtually at full capacity! The whole island seemed to be going there when I spoke to anyone. This is going to sell out quite often this year I would imagine

Call me an old fart, but I'm thinking of swerving TS now - personally find it hard to enjoy a club if I have no space to move. I guess one of the 'quieter' Sankey's nights in July will still be busy enough?

Call me an old fart, but I'm thinking of swerving TS now - personally find it hard to enjoy a club if I have no space to move. I guess one of the 'quieter' Sankey's nights in July will still be busy enough?

Couldnt agree more johnny, i knew it would be busy after speaking to a few people, but i was in the same boat, coudn't enjoy myself at all, shame really but hey cant complain if their having a busy night week in week out

I loved the night to be honest, just dont think it will be bareable end o fjuly / august. Took an hour to get in at 12:45!!

Right guys gonna try get the rest of this review done now before the football starts!! So bare with me, it is on the way!! :)

Friday 27th June - Gatecrasher !!

Another day another doller & another day around the pool, alot more quiet today, whether it was departures or hangovers, pretty peaceful on the rooftop untill santiago (bar man) puts on abit of deep house, f***ing hell here we go again, kopparbergs are in, feet are tapping along and the sun is sizzling the already bronzed skin!

Anyway enough of the pleasantries , all the way through the week so far i can't say i've been drunk once, not such a bad thing but thought today id dip my toe back into the drink!! Kopparbergs were going down a treat but im not one that can drink many without them getting a bit too sweet for my tastebuds, Corona!! Now there's a drink i only have in the sun and what a difference, few hours pass, bit of banter with santiago and a few other people we're up for tonight...

Gatecrasher, been quite intrigued to get into this club since it changed from Eden which to be honest i never really liked was always too dark and dingy for my liking but hey each to their own, plus it was literally right on our doorstep so winner winner chicken dinner!! We stay round the pool till about 6 and head down to the room, decide not to bother with sunset tonight and jus drink in our room and meet up with the rest of the clan later on, few hours later we get a call that their at Kanya Beach, im sure it has a proper name but i knew where they ment so we walk on down and get them at the decking part just on the side of the beach.

Few other guys with our 3 that we havn't met yet and a few decent guys if not really random but its all good! We're all on guestlist apparently for Gatecrasher so thats money saved straight away. We have our drinks and boom first time im drunk this holiday and it feels good!! We head towards crasher via the lads hotel in the west end, on the way we see some partied out guy with his holdall trying so hard to make a call and failing miserably, two of the lads try to help him but to no avail, we go to walk on and two of them have taken his bag and hid it...as a joke apparently, now being the eldest of the group and sounding like a grandad im sure, give them a lecture about what if that was you in that state n it has his passport in hes gonna be f***ed?

They fetch it him back and they're all abit more quiet now i've put them in their place, i'm all up for a laugh and a joke, but im pretty sure i've been in some horrid states like that before in ibiza and somehow still survived, last thing id wana see is someone on the island like that because someone thought it would be funny to hide their bag!

Anyway, we get to crasher and suprise suprise we're not on the guestlist, tbh we're not suprised, the lad that said we were is abit of a liar but not in a bad way, we stand outside kicking up a fuss, some manager comes out and apparently he was there when we were put on the list...even though we wernt on it , f*** it we're in and everyones saved 35euro each!

As we get into crasher, its good to see how light and fresh it is in here, no sticky floors or dingy corners, and suprisingly the drinks were pretty well priced, i was getting vodka lemonades for 10euro a pop, i wondered why it was so cheap but i wasn't gonna argue! It starts to get a little hazy after a few drinks but i do remember my mate asking to borrow my pass card to get back in the room for him and some other girl, f*** it, first time we've been in the kinda state to do such a thing, crack on lad!

Seemed like a decent crowd in crasher that night from what i remember, and quality tunes played by danny avila and an21!!

I retire to the hotel at about 4.30/5, shit i havn't got my pass, security are pretty tight at this hotel which is a good thing, rather know i was safe than any tom dick n harry roaming around, i have to blag my way through untill he checks the system, all is well untill i go subway because im hank marvin, now i've left my fecking key in the room, and also my mate is nowhere to be seen! Buy a new key card and im in, my mate comes back maybe half hour later, dirty trainers and dirty kness, haha i couldn't help but piss myself laughing,

He'd been knocked back by security, like i said they are pretty strict, so he took her onto the beach but couldn't finish the job! and his poor white converse were ruined because he went into quick sand apparently definatly one of the most funniest moments of the holiday, especially as he had bigged up the night wanting to see the dj's that were on and left after an hour!

Sleep is a must, it was my mates last night before he buggers off to bulgaria for a week and im on my own!

Saturday 28th June - Time for goodbyes!

Not that much to report for this day, round the pool, my mate catchin the last bit of ibiza sun before he jets off to bulgaria the lucky pup!
It's also the day the other 3 lads are off home and roughly the same time flights as my friend, we hang around their hotel in the west end and they all get a cab to the airport, i wave them off and bang, im on my own again in ibiza, i've done ibiza alot of times solo before, but this year was good to have a good group of lads with me having a laugh, genuinely gutted to see them go, i head back to the hotel and get a subway and sit on the balcony watchin the party go-ers , a very quiet day and night by all accounts. :(

Sunday 29th June - Lidl & Sunset

So waking up on my own in ibiza, pretty shitty feeling after being with friends for 5 nights but hey ho, i look in my wallet and to my disgust i'm running pretty low on funds, so much so instead of eating out today why not head to lidl? It's literally a minutes walk from the hotel, why on earth we didnt come in here before hand i'll never know, i no lidl back home is pretty decent prices etc but WOW , i head straight for the vodka, 4.19 for 70cl!! Are you kidding me?? i buy myself a bottle and a 2L bottle of coke, 5.19!! thats me sorted for the day/night!!

Sunset rolls around and i head down pretty early sporting my lidl bag with vodka and coke inside, plonk myself on the rocks outside mambo and its pretty quiet, a blonde girl on the benches asks me over to sit with her, and wow what a find, not only absolutley gorgeous but a veteran of ibiza like me, we exchange stories about our times here and the friends we came with and how they "just didnt get it" sometimes, my vodka has pretty much gone and this beaut has only had 2 cans of san miguel, this poor girl was on her moped back to her hotel later, so we watch the sunset together, get a few pictures and i see her on her way. Only to find out she had a boyfriend back home haha, not to worry, was good to share a sunset with someone like minded as me.

10501901_10153051079558438_2855251648978692869_n.jpg

10462880_10153063492638438_1270174529891245718_n.jpg

We exchange facebook details and she's gone!

Now i seriously cant remember gettin back to the hotel, but i wake up with literally 10cent to my name, shit the bed! luckily i've still got food and water in the room, the maids are in the room telling me i need to check out at 10am, its now 9.30am, i havn't packed yet, somehow i run around and get out the room for 10am and head down to check out and collapse onto a comfy chair in the lounge, with no energy left i seriously cant b botherd to sit in the sun, after begging a friend to put some cash into my bank account till im back home, i get myself a subway ( yes its a saviour ) and few hours later get on the bus to the airport, seemed to take hell of alot longer than usual, not sure if it takes a different way now?

All in all it gave me time to look back on a mad week in ibiza....( and also some things i missed out on my review )

* Great to think i brought one of my good mates here and he finally experienced it all

* That i met some awesome people including the lads, and also the blonde at sunset.

* Finding how much i love cocoon and that i still cant belive how amazing that night was for us

* Supplies - the hit and miss this year!

* Money - no matter how much you take, you'll always need more!

* Africans - They'd love to show you some black pussy, still makes me laugh now!

* Breakfast - Find a good one & stick with it, also being offered charlie with your scrambled eggs - priceless!

* Lidl - You have to get your drink from there - save loads of money and the vodka was pretty decent!

* Amnesia - My most favourite club ATM!

* I still have to come back again / havn't done everything i want to yet!

*Turns out blonde from sunset broke her leg on her way home from me! Poor sod!

So at the airport and this is it for another trip, through security and head towards burger king, and who do i see but two of the 3 girls from the flight out here where one of them got carted away! They look absolutly wrecked the poor sods, exchange a few stories and we're on the plane back to sunny blackpool, nice quiet flight and im back home wanting to write my review for you all to see!

Hope everyone who's read this enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed living it, and i hope to read lots more from your own trips, Bon voyage my friends!

P.S. Thoughts turn to a cheeky 3 night break in september...anybody in??

Peace! :)

Last edited:
Great review! Wish there were more of them to be honest so I get get a flavour of what this season is like out there. Some questions:
Would you say Gatecrasher was worth going to (would you have paid the 35E?)
What were the drink prices like in other venues?
Any free wristbands for clubs being given out anywhere?
Where is the Lidl in San An?

Great review! Wish there were more of them to be honest so I get get a flavour of what this season is like out there. Some questions:
Would you say Gatecrasher was worth going to (would you have paid the 35E?)
What were the drink prices like in other venues?
Any free wristbands for clubs being given out anywhere?
Where is the Lidl in San An?

Crasher - that night i probably would have paid the 35 but to answer one of ur other questions, the pr's for the clubs (crasher, es paradis, privelege & space ) were all seen on the side of the beach in san an literally day to day which was suprising, clearly not getting enough people through the doors, although alot of people saying ibiza has been alot more quiet this year??
Drink Prices - In big clubs you're always going to pay stupid prices, i think in amnesia for a vodka redbull was 19euro? Water was 8-10euro in different places.
Lidl - If u know where the egg roundabout is, head straight down that road, you'll go past marco polo and es pla hotels, its on the next roundabout!

hope this helps and glad you enjoyed the review! :)

Back