Cocoon & Circoloco

JoshMags

Hi all,

Visiting the island in June again this year. And was wondering the best time to leave Circoloco to go to Cocoon?

This will be on the 9th June 2014 and the night Luciano returns to cocoon.

Also heard Cocoon isn't what it was, with ENTER, Music On and other tech nights competing on the island?
Can someone clarify this?

Cheers

here's my two cents...

the date you're going is definitely going to be one of the quietest mondays of the season (it always is) - but don't be put off by this. neither dc10 nor amnesia are going to be packed on this date, so expect a little room to dance which is nice for a change! :)

i'd leave dc10 around 1-2 ish so you're at amnesia latest at 3am.

re cocoon not being what it was...i disagree. of course they don't get the same numbers in as back in 2007-2009 when they were the only proper tech night on the island and when they had everyone (luciano, carola, sven, ricardo, hawtin) as their residents. so yeah it is less busy than before. but the upside of it is it's only the ones that are really into this music that still go to cocoon. and i think with luciano 'coming home' they will have a good summer. also love the simple fact they're sticking to their less is more concept and let their DJs play 3 hours at least.

Cheers Stivi,

I visit this week of June each year aswell as a week in August.

I religiously do Circoloco on the Mondays but I have never jumped over to Cocoon the same night.

Another question. Personally how would you rank the 3 major Techno nights on the island? Cocoon, ENTER & Music On. Because I am looking to do them all in the same week when I visit in August.

done cocoon in to circoloco my last 2 times and depending on what time you arrive at circoloco, if you stop off anywhere, and when cocoon goes on till, its heavy going, but worth it!

I'll be at those 3 as well and done them last year... I'd say Enter and cocoon depend slightly on the line up and who you're in to but both cater for most techy tastes...
Music on is all about carola on the terrace really (but i'm hoping for joseph capriati for the main room when im there, before heading to carola on the terrace for as long as i can)

I loved enter but it has been absoloutely jam packed when I have been in late August/September the past 2 years.

Last year I seen Marcel Dettmann (unreal) and Papa Sven at Cocoon, was busy but still had plenty of room to dance! I agree with Lewis, just depends on who is playing and your techno preference!

My best day last year was the Drumcode party during day down at sirrocco?Sal Rossa? One of those ones along the front of PDB beach! Alan Fitzpatrick....Ida Enberg...Nicole Moudebar then Adam Beyer closed it! Then then headed over to enter afterwards :) superb.

Thanks for the replies.

I will definitely be visiting sirocco this year and especially the TINI party if it's still on.

Anyone got any news on Cocoon hosting any outdoor events? e.g. Destino

Personally how would you rank the 3 major Techno nights on the island? Cocoon, ENTER & Music On.

erm... this is obviously down to personal preferences, but my top three would be cocoon - enter - music on.

for cocoon, as mentioned, love the fact djs play decently long sets, love the crowd, am into a lot of the acts playing cocoon, love the team behind cocoon and absolutely effin' love their afterhours. i've been going to cocoon events for a decade now already so it's understandable you get close to what you like!

enter is cool, nicely mixed crowd, generally very good lineups. don't like the fact some of their headliners only play 90 minutes (wtf!) and in terms of the team behind it, as a whole, they obviously don't have the same deep roots on the island yet in comparison to cocoon (even though a few of them are here since about forever). enter's doing their third season, cocoon's celebrating 15 years - somehow you do notice these differences.

music on...aaah i don't know. not a big fan. yeah sometimes it's cool on saturday mornings and sometimes the music is really good, but generally there are a few things that really bug me. the crowd is often pretty horrible (i've seen many a fight there last year), the vibe often doesn't appeal to me and it's simply too much about carola instead about the party as such. and carola mostly bores me to tears these days. said all that, i've had good nights at music on and i'm sure i'll be back over the summer. the music on NYE party was good for example - mostly because the crowd was much more mixed than during the season.

Anyone got any news on Cocoon hosting any outdoor events? e.g. Destino
of course they will. but too early to reveal :)

Hi, first time at Dc10 this year, what's a good time to get there ?

It depends if you are staying there for the duration! I plan on going to DC10 about 4 in the afternoon.....then going to Cocoon later on when I'm there in July :)!

I I plan on going to DC10 about 4 in the afternoon.....then going to Cocoon later on when I'm there in July :)!

erm...they only open at 4:30 I think (apart from the opening when they open at 3). and the first two hours are veeery quiet.

erm...they only open at 4:30 I think (apart from the opening when they open at 3). and the first two hours are veeery quiet.

I thought I went at 4 the year before last! I'm almost certain! Haha! Carl Cox DJing....everyone had Carl Cox masks on.....maybe it was later than I thought....I was a bit slightly wrecked....

Either way....still depends if your there for the duration or heading to Cocoon or elsewhere!

Hi, first time at Dc10 this year, what's a good time to get there ?

Depends on if you are in for the night / morning! Most people have a fixation with daytime clubbing hence why they get their early! I am probably the only person on this forum (and maybe the World) that prefers the DC10 Terrace at night!

My perfect time to reach there is as the sun is setting day on a steaming hot day, the light is gradually descending more and more, the terrace gets darker, the lighting is minimal and the red walls start to glow! At that point it becomes my favourite dancefloor in the World. I remember the last week of August last year (the crazy rain storm on the last Monday). The terrace seemed even darker than usual and you could see the lightning in the distance! Was perfection!

Also, if you are not going to Cocoon, 11PM-3AM is a brilliant time IMO in DC10. A lot of the Cocooners start to leave, a lot of the other spectators leave (mainly people who just stand by the doors and are there just because it's DC10) and the place because even more of a pleasure!

Will be doing this double for the first time myself this year as well 22nd sept. Was pleased to see this announced as one of the luciano origins ngts! Never experienced a proper techno ngt in person so really looking forward to getting stuck into this one!

Ill be doing a double header so I'll probably head to dc10 around 7 ish till 12.30 ish unless someone I particularly want to see happens to be playing later...
Back to hotel for quick refreshments and then on to cocoon! Can't bloody wait

I usually get there around 7ish, reasonable time to get there. But with Circoloco anyone on the bill can play at anytime, so don't think because there names top of the flyer they will be closing because they could be finished come 9.

Back