Ushuaia has gone mainstream

You lucky openings people you -
BlMbTWeIEAAMEgi.png

Fanciulli and Sasha is perfect for me. These two closed the Car Park last year for the Space opening if memory serves me correct.

Can't wait for it now :)

Any word on Ushuaia tower...more specifically Sasha on Sundays

no word so far, but sasha will have 4 dates at we love so i honestly doubt he'll do any other proper residency on the island. as a whole, the way i've understood the ushuaïa people when we spoke last time, they're gonna focus completely on ushuaïa (club) and HRH (concerts). there might be some one-offs on the ushuaïa tower rooftop and surely it's gonna be a social place again, but I'd be surprised if they'd put up a full weekly program for the tower this year.

no word so far, but sasha will have 4 dates at we love so i honestly doubt he'll do any other proper residency on the island. as a whole, the way i've understood the ushuaïa people when we spoke last time, they're gonna focus completely on ushuaïa (club) and HRH (concerts). there might be some one-offs on the ushuaïa tower rooftop and surely it's gonna be a social place again, but I'd be surprised if they'd put up a full weekly program for the tower this year.

I know a few people that are cancelling their Ushuaia trips due to most of the above. i.e. it's basically now a big outside concert hall and the only night musically not aimmed at under 21's is ANTS on Saturday!

But at the end of the day, does it matter to Ushuaia and do they care? 1 lost room a night just needs 8 more people paying at the door! And with the "concerts" they have planned every day: Avicii, Guetta, Hardwell, 2 Swedes, Armin - they should pack in the punters!

The ironic thing about Ibiza 2014 could be that while every man and his dog had a Techno/Underground night last year resulting in many suffering, maybe the same could happen with these EDM nights.

Don't Ushuaia now basically have 5 nights all the same with a different "DJ" pressing play on the CD player each night?

Last edited:
I know a few people that are cancelling their Ushuaia trips due to most of the above. i.e. it's basically now a big outside concert hall and the only night musically not aimmed at over 21's is ANTS on Saturday!

But at the end of the day, does it matter to Ushuaia and do they care? 1 lost room a night just needs 8 more people paying at the door! And with the "concerts" they have planned every day: Avicii, Guetta, Hardwell, 2 Swedes, Armin - they should pack in the punters!

The ironic thing about Ibiza 2014 could be that while every man and his dog had a Techno/Underground night last year resulting in many suffering, maybe the same could happen with these EDM nights.

Don't Ushuaia now basically have 5 nights all the same with a different "DJ" pressing play on the CD player each night?
be interesting to see what happens, that is for sure.

my gut feeling is the EDM nights will all do well, i think we will see a lot of 1st or 2nd timers over on the island and the reason they have come is to see Hardwell/Guetta/whoever....i therefore expect Ushusia to do well.

I also think that the underground nights will do well. with there being a LOT less day/early evening parties now catering for the cooler end of the spectrum (ie no more Luciano and Dice in the daytime), i would expect the likes of Cocoon and Enter to be packed. Coxy will be really busy, it always is.

The fact that there seems to be less 'dj swapping' this year too will be a positive thing for the promoters in terms of numbers through the door too i would suggest

there will be still a fair bit of underground things daytime don't you worry guys. yeah, not at ushuaïa (apart form ants), but...

- cova santa events
- cocoon afters
- a few more things I can't tell just yet :)

my gut feeling is the EDM nights will all do well, i think we will see a lot of 1st or 2nd timers over on the island and the reason they have come is to see Hardwell/Guetta/whoever....i therefore expect Ushusia to do well.

You are probably right. Most of their nights are July / August heavy when the kids are in town. And Ushuaia is now "USHUEDM" (that could catch on), and they have virtually a monopoly on this genre.

- a few more things I can't tell just yet :)

WOTG at Destino? Haven't you and Guy arranged that just for me? ;)

WOTG at Destino? Haven't you and Guy arranged that just for me? ;)

In interviews Guy has been really emphasising this "Rumors" project. Also when talking about a new concept for his residency at Marquee NY he even hinted that WOTG has reached a natural end.

I can't seem to find the specific interview I was talking about, but I'll post the link here when I find it.

Speaking about his new Marquee residency he says: "I'll be playing on my own, all night, no guests. So the night will be unbranded. But the theme will be "Beware of the electric jellyfish." :confused:

Anyone (Stivi etc) have any ideas when the full ANTS line-ups will be announced? Trying to remember from last year - do they actually announce them in advance, or are they more like Circo Loco, and just announced a week before?

Hey guys- long time lurker/ first time poster.

I wonder does anyone know whether Ushuaia will definitely be hosting *some* kind of party on the thus far empty days ie. Wednesday and Friday, or will those days be downtime for the staff? Any news on the horizon or rumours as to who might be taking over those nights, if anyone?

Have booked to go Thurs- Sun but not altogether keen on Armin replacing Loco Dice from last year...could do with a Friday treat as well as Ants on Sat!

Cheers

both still TBC but...

departures on wednesdays
no proper residency on fridays

Thanks Stivi. By no proper residency, I presume you mean that there will be music but just no set promoter / party?

Have you any clues as to the type of DJs to expect? I could do with some underground hope at the end of a rather long EDM/ trance tunnel!

Back