We Love @ Space Opening Lineup?

there will be an announcement coming today - not sure how much of the line up will be released though.

Gutted.

Be waiting around all day for the news.

You reckon a BIG lineup? due to We Love already securing Dice and Disclosure.

Bl7dPkMIQAEB77B.jpg

In addition to the Disclosure dates:

We Love...Sasha: 4 Last Night On Earth dates
We Love...Skream: 4 Skreamizm dates
We Love...James Zabiela: 4 Born Electric takeovers
We Love...Dusky: 4 dates
We Love...Paul Woodford: 4 dates
We Love...Bicep: 4 dates
We Love...Ben UFO: 4 dates

Good, but not blown away if I am honest! However, will hold judgement until I see the full dates!

In addition to the Disclosure dates:

We Love...Sasha: 4 Last Night On Earth dates
We Love...Skream: 4 Skreamizm dates
We Love...James Zabiela: 4 Born Electric takeovers
We Love...Dusky: 4 dates
We Love...Paul Woodford: 4 dates
We Love...Bicep: 4 dates
We Love...Ben UFO: 4 dates

Good, but not blown away if I am honest! However, will hold judgement until I see the full dates!
what were you expecting/hoping for? I am not being arsey asking, i am just curious....

Good line-ups / awful art-work (I know I know it's about the music, but man it's dire when you look at previous years)......

I guess the sensible thing would be to wait and see what they actually deliver...

But does anybody else kinda worry that We Love are in danger of losing their identity?

I know that they are in a season of transition with the Safehouse takeover and departure of Mark & Sarah, but surely that is all the more reason for stability. No?

As good & diverse as those line-ups are, I just don't see the sense on having these rotating takeovers: Sasha LNOE, Disclosure Wild Life, Skreamism, James Zabiela Born Electric etc.

Have residents, sure! But is it not counter-productive to have such a fluid identity?

I guess the sensible thing would be to wait and see what they actually deliver...

But does anybody else kinda worry that We Love are in danger of losing their identity?

I know that they are in a season of transition with the Safehouse takeover and departure of Mark & Sarah, but surely that is all the more reason for stability. No?

As good & diverse as those line-ups are, I just don't see the sense on having these rotating takeovers: Sasha LNOE, Disclosure Wild Life, Skreamism, James Zabiela Born Electric etc.

Have residents, sure! But is it not counter-productive to have such a fluid identity?
its only one room though isn't it? eg, the LNOE shows will either be in La Terraza or Dicoteca (depending on date) whereas the rest of the club will still be curated by We Love.

I do see you point to an extent, but they are really 'just' residents. Its just that 'their room' in the club that night will be under a tag that that artist is associated with.

Either way - the LNOE on the terrace in July is going to be ace!

IMO this whole drip-drip of news is actually boring me! I guess they are using the "resident" thing to bolster publicity and create a buzz. Maybe it will work (esp. with Disclosure, Sasha etc), however, IMO We Love... works because you see all of the artists across 5/6 rooms on a particular date and you won't just go because of one resident! Or have times changed and I am being very naive?

IMO this whole drip-drip of news is actually boring me! I guess they are using the "resident" thing to bolster publicity and create a buzz. Maybe it will work (esp. with Disclosure, Sasha etc), however, IMO We Love... works because you see all of the artists across 5/6 rooms on a particular date and you won't just go because of one resident! Or have times changed and I am being very naive?
i agree with you mate. they need to get the line ups released!!

Its going to be an interesting season for them for sure, with the changes that have happened!

i agree with you mate. they need to get the line ups released!!

Its going to be an interesting season for them for sure, with the changes that have happened!

Could be a tricky season yeah. If you look at Solomun + 1 this year and the very strong line-ups: DJ Koze, Claude VS, HOSH, Ame, Dixon, Kolsch etc, I think this party is going to be next level in terms of numbers this year too... and some of this relates to what some of us have been talking about for a while now! People want LONGER sets! 90 Minutes is not enough for some of the calibre of DJs.

At Solomun +1, Cocoon etc..... you get less DJs, but they do longer sets! And these are the nights you remember!

Could be a tricky season yeah. If you look at Solomun + 1 this year and the very strong line-ups: DJ Koze, Claude VS, HOSH, Ame, Dixon, Kolsch etc, I think this party is going to be next level in terms of numbers this year too...
Agreed. I expect the line ups for We Love to be strong (they always are), but also hope that they offer something a little different to recent years which have been a bit 'samey' year on year in my view.

I think the whole residency thing is part of them trying to do something different, but i hope the line ups reflect this way of thinking too. Innervisions is a big ask to replace for sure.

One thing i would 100% do if it was me would be to put a 'name' on the sunset terrace. In recent years it has generally been the residents - Bye, Alfredo who have been playing the sunset terrace but i think it would be a good thing to get some bigger names on there. This would a) bring people to the club earlier than in recent years and b) bring a little bit of the old Sunday vibe back to the event which is a positive thing. There are loads of DJ's who would thrive on that sunset terrace.

Back