Don Toni => Hard Rock Hotel

i think like 10 years ago there were some charter flights from the US with 1 stop. I know bunch of people that go to Ibiza each year and yet they couldn't fill 1 plane in total. Though if Iberia did 1-2 non-stops a week in the summer it could be feasible. I don't see a direct flight really changing the # of US tourists - a direct flight barely saves time and wouldn't be notably cheaper IMO. Hence I don't see a direct flight really changing the # of US tourists coming.

I don't see a direct flight really changing the # of US tourists - a direct flight barely saves time and wouldn't be notably cheaper IMO. Hence I don't see a direct flight really changing the # of US tourists coming.

maybe US citizens are different to europeans when it comes to travelling. i used to work in travel industry and the moment we put up a new nonstop flight to a destination, numbers went up massively. often it's not so much the time or money saving point, but much rather a mental one when people think 'i'm boarding the plane here and when I land I am already exactly where I want to be'.

maybe US citizens are different to europeans when it comes to travelling. i used to work in travel industry and the moment we put up a new nonstop flight to a destination, numbers went up massively. often it's not so much the time or money saving point, but much rather a mental one when people think 'i'm boarding the plane here and when I land I am already exactly where I want to be'.

the big difference is the flight time and cost. If a direct flight existed from LA, its would be at least 11 hours eastbound and even longer going back. The few people in the US that know what Ibiza is about just know its a clubbing destination and go for that. The casual tourist that wants to go to an island isn't familiar with it. and the 'edm' clubber from the US will just go to EDC or Vegas or Ultra/WMC. Sure a few will venture to the island but a direct flight versus 1/2 stops IMO won't change their desire (or lack of desire) to go.

There are way better beach resorts reachable via much shorter and much less inexpensive flights from the US if someone wants to go sit on an exotic island beach all day sipping fruity alcoholic drinks.

Dear Hard Rockers, we´re pleased to announce the next 18th May we´ll mark the beginning of our first season with the opening of the new The Beach Club at Hard Rock Hotel!!
Best line-up of live music, amazing atmosphere, art and good vibe come together, waiting for you all in the only Beach Club between dunes in Playa d´en Bossa.
Is Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, what did you expect??

1601207_758239787554320_872035581263862526_n.jpg

^^ LOL.

the Hard Rock looks nice but PDB is a turnoff. I stayed at the Ushuaia tower last year for part of my trip. Prob wouldn't do it again - would rather stay in a nicer area and with no Luciano or Dice at Ushuaia this summer much less reason to stay at the hotel.

Back