Easter Weekend Thread

No clubs for me this easter though certianly some drunken behaviour towards the start. Hung out at my parents house quite abit and enjoyed it tbh! still off work so its a 7day bank holiday weekend for me so far

Went to magna cartar on thursday at great suffolk street warehouse. First visit to the venue and loved it not a vip table in sight.

Main reason for going was to see 4 hours of sidney charles b2b with santè and for me they was bang on point. Sidney charles sound is perfect for sankeys ibiza so I can see him enjoying a very good year as resident there for tribal.

Won some guestlist places for Sankey's at Studio 338, so headed there early doors on Thursday for a bit of a warm-up. Arrived early as was just starting to fill-up. Sounds obvious to say, but looked a lot smaller with less people inside. Verdict is still out on it for me.

Headed to Great Suffolk Street Warehouse...

Went to magna cartar on thursday at great suffolk street warehouse. First visit to the venue and loved it not a vip table in sight.

Main reason for going was to see 4 hours of sidney charles b2b with santè and for me they was bang on point. Sidney charles sound is perfect for sankeys ibiza so I can see him enjoying a very good year as resident there for tribal.

Magna was sublime! As the above poster, the sole reason I was going was for the Avotre showcase - and Sidney Charles B2B Santé did not disappoint! Absolutely blinding night! SC is definitely riding a wave at the moment. He stole the show at Cuff at the start of March, and he endeared himself to me this year. Definitely the break-out star of 2014 for me.

Friday & Saturday - stayed local, supporting mates who were DJing.

Sunday - by day spent at a Saved Records festival in my hometown: Landed. Joris Voorn, Cassy, Skream & Andre Oliva topped the bill. Was a great day. Music cut out a few times, but nothing to dampen our moods. Even the adverse weather didn't deter us! Perfect warm-up to Used + Abused London where we headed soon after...

Arrived to see the majority of Guti's performance - never disappoints.

Loco Dice next (wasn't v.impressed with his 01:30-03:30 slot - and felt the running-order/set-times were ill thought all round - Bank Holiday in the capital - surely gotta close the night, no?!) smashed it out the ball park! Consistently excellent everytime I see him play. Crowd were raucous and lapped it up - great atmosphere inside the academy, and indeed have never seen the venue that packed. In comparison to LNOE on NYE, also billed as being allegedly "sold out" - which was very quiet in contrast. Was a right sweatbox. We found a space by the front and stayed there until Dice finished.

Although a great night overall, it was hard work at times (I was designated driver which made ultimately hampered my stamina a little). The venue lent to great production - visually stunning, and the sheer size of it in itself was impressively. But truth be told the venue is ill-suited to a rave with that many people. Infrastructure just does not support that many revellers - bars & toilet facilities being prime examples of where this fell flat. At times felt sorry for the bar staff who were fighting a constantly losing battle (and at other times felt infuriated by their apparently ineptitude (!), but I digress).

Also they stacked the main room full of A-list DJs and gave the majority a hour slot each. Would've much preferred longer sets from Tobi Neumann & Chris Liebling.

The heat was at times intolerable - and combined with the aforementioned lengthily queue times for a drink, meant that we had waned and decided to call it a night soon after Liebing had hit the decks at 04:30. Taking everything into consideration I've decided that the last rave I'll be attending at the academy. Feel Electric is more suitable. Thought the Dice event there last Easter was better all round (same promoters) - having said that, I wasn't driving that time around!

Spent the next hour enjoying the chaos inside the queue in McDonald's - never short of drama & attitude at 5am! Drive home was killer as everybody else in the car fell asleep. Made it safely home and spent the whole of Monday in bed. Overall absolutely banging weekend!

Top Sets:

1. Dice
2. Sidney Charles B2B Santé
3. Joris Voorn

Magna Carta used to have a reputation as being overrun by the rowdy shuffle crew , is this still the case?

Magna Carta used to have a reputation as being overrun by the rowdy shuffle crew , is this still the case?

This was my first magna carta and I didnt see any problems. Maybe a little young but then im 31so thats always going to be the case for me. Would defo go again especially if its at great suffolk street warehouse. For me that place is ideal for a rave

thats good , we're similar age. The dance is neh bother but have encountered numerous knob eds , sounds like everyone is learning to have a good time regardless od dance style

Back