Gatecrasher is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what GC Ibiza has to say about trance...So I wouldn't be too sure Stivi.

This line up consists of some of the hottest and most exciting names in House and Techno. We appreciate that there are a lot of staunch Trance fans on this page, this is number 1 of 7 residency announcements, hold tight is all we are saying ;)

interesting, maybe they are reacting on all the feedback they got. i mean it's obvious a lot of people expect to get their fair share of trance at GC, but i can confirm that it wasn't their plan to include any trance at all originally. let's see...

This is what GC Ibiza has to say about trance...So I wouldn't be too sure Stivi.

This line up consists of some of the hottest and most exciting names in House and Techno. We appreciate that there are a lot of staunch Trance fans on this page, this is number 1 of 7 residency announcements, hold tight is all we are saying ;)

That was posted before the residencies were revealed. You may get the odd one or two trance events on The Gatecrasher presents night but thats all.

damn. well guess no trance event during the week from them. Much less this year compared to previous years

I am not bothered if it's only on weekends and only on occasional Gatecrasher presents as long as it's a monster trance line up when I am over there. However I already have cream closing party to look forward to if the let me down. ItWillAlwaysBeWithYou is what they told us GC veterans don't let us down

I think the republic/NEC/summer sound system days WillAlwaysBeWithUs but Gatecrasher as a brand have moved on and I really don't expect much in the way of trance from them anymore apart from the very odd occasion. With Fergie on hoping that the Gatecrasher presents is a really decent trance line up when I'm out there but not holding my breath. At least Cream are putting on some decent trance line ups and although I'm gutted not to be out there when patterson or Kearney are on I'm very happy with the Pvd, Oakey, Aly & Fila and Paul Webster line up I do get to see. Plus got Lisa Lashes at UV on the Saturday we're out there and The Thrillseekers at Driftwood on the Monday so it's not looking too bad even before ASOT and Full On line ups released. Has anyone heard any news on Judgement tho? Gatecrasher and Es Paradise are both sorted for Fridays and Sundays so I wonder if we will see Jules on the island this year?!

Pretty sure Jules is doing Ibiza as was chatting to him at the weekend about it. I said can't wait to see you in Ibiza. He said he is working on it at the moment and we will know soon.

what is UV?that Lisa Lashes is playing at.

Exactly, GC is a clever/shrewdly run brand. Trance isn't mainstream like it was at the turn of the millennium, and they've moved along and adapted to the times.

You only have to look at how the UK venues have been run to work out that they don't really give two hoots about the diehard trance fans. Anyway most of them are middle aged and have management jobs nowadays, and you can't build a business around that.

I totally agree. Especially as they have suffered financially. It makes clear sense to build the club around what is going to work for them. All I would like is a small amount of trance at the club to pay the fans back for the years of loyalty.

My thoughts exactly, most of the kids heading out to ibiza now aren't interested in trance so understand gatecrasher is looking to meet their needs but there is still a strong army of trance fans out there and with the history of gatecrasher and trance I'm sure if they had put some thought and effort in and put together some decent line ups then they could of quite successfully put on a weekly trance night. Most trance nights are towards the end of the week, why not put one on a Monday when you've already got trance fans in San an after attending Driftwood?!

UV is UltraViolet which is held at play 2 nightclub in the west end. Last year was my first year in ibiza and I didn't even venture into the west end but have stumbled across this online. Apparently it's free entry but don't know if this is true. Looks like it's worth checking out and be nice to have a night out without paying 18 euros for a jägerbomb!

Thanks Mayner.

I guess your heading out in July time. I went last year for first time and going back for Carl cox Closing again this year. Not trance I know but something magical about Coxy that also does it for me.

Enjoy your summer

When they did shows at Privilege during 2011 they werent exactly overly successful from what i recall.
I think Trance is fully catered for with the way Cream have gone this year, Full On & ASOT. with the bonus of Driftwood on Mondays too.

Exactly, GC is a clever/shrewdly run brand. Trance isn't mainstream like it was at the turn of the millennium, and they've moved along and adapted to the times.

You only have to look at how the UK venues have been run to work out that they don't really give two hoots about the diehard trance fans. Anyway most of them are middle aged and have management jobs nowadays, and you can't build a business around that.

Nail. Head. It's a tough time for the smaller Trance promoters. People don't go out just because it's a trance night, quite like they used to.
People only go out of there way for the big, big lineups these days. We've had it where lots of local people say they are happy we are running a trance night in Bristol, but still haven't made it down to support our night, which obviously hurts us.
Without support, we can't grow our night and start getting bigger names involved.

This still going on?! Didnt Stivi say a million posts back up the thread that there wont be trance at Gatecrasher this summer?! He will know so why is it still being debated?!

Yes mate heading out 9th-18th July. Also planning on doing coxy's night whilst we are over, never got round to doing space last year and even tho I may go to Full On (depending on line up) I really fancy doing a proper space experience like coxy's or even 'we love'. Is coxy's night the better of the two?

Well my opinion may not be the most balanced as I am a massive Coxy fan. I went to closing party last year and it was amazing but only gripe was major bussy so might opt the VIP this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back