World Cup 2014

I had a 3 day extended trip in Ibiza as there was a baggage handler strike the day before the final in 2010, we were put up in Santa Eulalia and found a bar full of locals to watch the game in, amazing atmosphere mainly due to the bar next door being taken over by Dutch fans, after Spain won the celebrations went on all night then in Guarana until late morning. Hopefully psain will go far this time so you can see the party's after! :)

Didnt the SST at Space show some footy match on a screen once or have I gone madder?

I was in ibiza during the 2006 WC.. i can still hear that Italian chanting to that famous song at the time.

It's a great time to be there, lots of good banter between the nationalities
I was there for that as well. It was pretty festive on the island. A lot of fun, actually.
The Brazilians always had a great party going at Pago Pago.

better question who will be in brazil for the WC!
Me :D

I will be in Rio from june 14-28th...and i am collecting panini stickers...got 100 packs already! hahaha
Same dates as me but I'll be moving around quite a bit. Joao Pessoa, Natal, Rio, Manaus, Amazon tour, Recife.
If you've got a lead on any tickets for Spain-Chile in Rio it'd be much appreciated!

Same dates as me but I'll be moving around quite a bit. Joao Pessoa, Natal, Rio, Manaus, Amazon tour, Recife.
If you've got a lead on any tickets for Spain-Chile in Rio it'd be much appreciated!

I dont, I have tickets to the Russia Belgium game, ill keep my ears open though. If you have a beat on tickets to any of the games in Rio, let me know!

I dont, I have tickets to the Russia Belgium game, ill keep my ears open though. If you have a beat on tickets to any of the games in Rio, let me know!
Doh! I'd love to see that one. I've got the Belgians picked to go far and, obviously, I live with the Russians. But alas, I'll be out in the Amazon, hopefully watching some American defenders taking lumps out of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Will do, but I'm sure you can find some tix on the ground.

im at sonar for the spain v holland game....can i expect not much of atmosphere in the catalan country then???

on a football tip.. I see the Champions League final is same day as Ushuaia opening.. No chance of them putting on a tv screen for the footy is there? ;)
i might ask one of the guests if they can turn the tv round so i can see it from the outside!

im at sonar for the spain v holland game....can i expect not much of atmosphere in the catalan country then???

It's weird, don't expect a frenzy, but in pubs etc. theres plenty atmosphere. I was at Sonar during the Euros and watched Spain v Ireland in a few of the Irish pubs on Carrer de Ferran off Las Ramblas. There wasn't really a lot of noticeable anti-spanish sentiment.

You'll get an atmosphere in Barcelona from the spanish who live there (espanyol fans, PP voters etc). Any true Catalan though would rather be fed to maggots than support Spain

I found out today that I have successfully blagged tix to Spain v Chile! :D
A friend of a friend works for one of the sponsors.
Result!!

Now very bummed you decided not to go, @Ferd

I found out today that I have successfully blagged tix to Spain v Chile! :D
A friend of a friend works for one of the sponsors.
Result!!

Now very bummed you decided not to go, @Ferd
Sorry mate, believe me I WANTED to go, very badly but what with us buying a house soon can't justify the money. Flights and everything else would've amounted to nearly 3k each which is too much.

Ya, it's costing me a small fortune. Not like S. Africa when I stayed with friends for free, blagged half my match tix and got an insane deal on flights through a contact.

All full price this time around but at least I've spread out the expenses over the past few months (match tix in Nov., flights in Jan., hotel deposits at various times this spring).

Rio hotels are the worst. 5 nights there cost the same as my plane tickets Moscow-Lisbon-Recife return. Thank goodness I'm splitting the room.

Back