World Cup 2014

Bandezzzz

Are there any special events planned for the games and the finals anywhere in ibiza??? maybe a large projector or a pre party as the games are around 9pm ibiza time???

No doubt there will be places taking advantage of this,the best atmosphere though is always a small bar full of locals....beer 1-2€
just my opinion

Last edited:
a lot of places will show the games, either on normal TVs or on big screens. i remember that for example in pdb both tantra and ibiza rocks bar had big screens for the european cup two years ago.

Good to know!! I'm gonna be in ibiza just in time for the semi-finals and final game. Makes the pre-party 100x better haha.

Lets be right......England won't be in it for long, so there shouldn't be too much panic for a viewing schedule

Ironically I will be out in ibiza for the last two group games.....can't see them getting any further

I've been in the West End for England games before and its a quality atmosphere, just what you'd expect from a load of boozed up brits basically. We won, and it was like one giant terrace all bobbling up and down. Its not much fun when we lose though.

Bit edgy if you are a wuss but I loved it, I'll probably journey over for a game this year.

I've been in the West End for England games before and its a quality atmosphere, just what you'd expect from a load of boozed up brits basically. We won, and it was like one giant terrace all bobbling up and down. Its not much fun when we lose though.

Bit edgy if you are a wuss but I loved it, I'll probably journey over for a game this year.

I was there for a couple of Enngerland games in June 2006 and I thought it was pretty rancid tbh. People pissing in shop doorways in the middle of the day. The English lads I was there with were mortified at some of their compatriots' behaviour.

Undercurrent of aggresion in most public places (and i normally don't mind the West End).

That said, it could have just been one particularly bad batch of knobends on tour.

My interest in the world cup ended in 1990. Thereafter it just turned into a corrupt, corporate monster. Messi will never have the same impact that Maradona did. As for England fans, i just wish that travelling band would be euthanised

I was there in 96 when all bars closed for England v Germany game . You had to watch it in your hotel.

I was in ibiza during the 2006 WC.. i can still hear that Italian chanting to that famous song at the time.

It's a great time to be there, lots of good banter between the nationalities

i was here too - agree it was a great period to be here.

I was in ibiza during the 2006 WC.. i can still hear that Italian chanting to that famous song at the time.

exactly. the white stripes' 'seven nation army' everywhere.
on the monday after the final dc10 was FULL of italian footie shirts.

Christ, that white stripes riff. Ugh, everywhere. It wasn't so bad at the last one but only because the vuvuzelas drowned everything else out. The dutch violence in the final was quite amusing though. As someone of catalan heritage, i naturally wasn't especially overjoyed to see Sp**n win but they probably deserved it overall. I suspect it's between the germans and argies this time

Back