BPM Festival, Playa Del Carmen

Dirk

Anyone been before? Fancied something different for a winter break so booked flights last night.

I've been to the last 2. Had more fun last year... this year rained a lot and was really crowded at a lot of events. Will go back but partly that's due to being in the industry a bit and a lot of friends of mine spin or are involved directly with the event.

Make sure you buy a bracelet if you are there more than a few days.

Would like to go but 600$ for a wristband is not my cup of tea

Ok line ups are massive and Mexico is amazing but hey you are going to dance at the beach

^ if you are only there a few days you can buy presale tickets for $20-$30 each. but if you are there more than 3 days a bracelet is a must if you are going to parties each day.

now there is a lot of other stuff to do like go to Tulum or just kick it on the beach so some people don't hit the clubs everyday.

Won't be hitting the clubs everyday, will pick about 5 events I fancy and get tickets.

Is it quite a liberal place?

you are good to go with presales. just buy them ahead of time. the one nice thing about the bracelets is in-and-out privileges but you'd only spend about $150 on 5 tickets so prob doesn't make sense to buy one.

As to asking how liberal it is.... I can't quite read between the lines to see exactly what you are asking :)

maybe PM me a more specific question?

Anyone been before? Fancied something different for a winter break so booked flights last night.

ive also been to the last 2.....loved it..... u dont need a wrist band, choose your nights/days a month or 2 before it, it was slightly more expesive than last years prices but still way cheaper than ibiza prices.....its the best festival ive been to ;)..

i went last year and bought a VIP opening 3 day pass...i thought it was cash well spent allowing us to go in and out of any party we fancied at any time......straight to front of the Q too which was a massive bonus as the line was going right to the top of the road for hawtins night.

The festival was awesome, both day and night parties...i think i slightly preferred the day parties at the beach..the music was spot on along with the sound systems, couldnt fault it.

the atmosphere seemed to be care free and didnt see any trouble..i would definitely go again...in fact i have booked two weeks for next year but have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances haha

$250.

problem is they are good for opening or closing weekends only so if you are there the middle of bpm only choice is the 7 day pass.

There for 14 days, so should get both. What do I get for my £150? Is is entry to anything in that timeframe, anything else? Might be worth it depending on what is on.

the 10 day pass is $750. and yes you get entry to every single official BPM event with in-and-out and line skip privileges. I believe they have an 'early bird' price of $500 for those when they go on sale but they go quick.

there are a small # of non-BPM events mainly in Tulum. usually $20-$30 for those.

Damian Lazarus' Day Zero was a party in the Tulum area that was well received. other random private or in-the-know parties happen there as well such as Solomun throwing a last second beach party that went like 20 hours. most of those are not really official parties and you just have to hear about them from someone or on social media.

Tulum itself is really really chill... it has some ruins to check out. People basically just hang out there and chill on the beach.

i actually keep hearing the best parties are the non-bpm ones. apparently all the 'cool' people hang out in tulum. it's sort of like at sonar where all the off-sonar events are considered to be the ones to go to

I was just looking into making the trip for BPM last weekend.
Seriously considering it, seeing as I'll be (relatively) nearby in Florida for the holidays.
Sounds like it is quite the investment though... and the hotels I checked all wanted upfront payment.

Morbyd - if you use say expedia, many do not require up front payments or if they do, they are fully refundable until right before the days you go.

Stivi - these off-BPM parties are kind of like Cocoon afterparties or a private bbq at Richie Hawtins's place. Most are really almost just house parties where a well known dj is friends with the people that rented the house and spins for a while. There are only a very small handlful of these parties and for most i'd compare them to house parties so you need to be friends with someome at the house to 1) know about it and 2) be invited. I did go to one this past year in Playa itself. fun after party after Luciano....

Tulum is 30+ minutes south of Playa... its highly worth a visit and maybe stay there a few days to chill on the beach but I would say the odds of going to an off-the-books bpm event there are low and i wouldn't really worry about it. 99% of the people that go to BPM don't go to any parties like that.

Back