----- Drink Prices Thread 2013 -----

What I don't understand is when people say that drinks prices are so high because the season is so short & they have to make money while they can. Bullshit if you ask me!! Compare this with the UK, club will only be busy (or open at all) on Friday & Saturday nights. This theoretically gives them 104 days with decent levels of trade. Ibiza however has 3-4 months of good trade, 7 days a week which would leave up to 90-120 busy nights. I realise some nights in Ibiza start later & finish earlier in the season but it's still not an excuse that washes with me, given the difference in prices charged!

You do get bigger measures in Ibiza though ... usually (!) ... so the difference isn't quite as bad as it's made out to be for mixer drinks. But the cost of non-alcoholic drinks and water in clubs is ridiculous. It pretty much makes you want to drink more alcohol in order not to get shafted so badly and that's not a good thing.

If you do that you still need hydration. If you dance a lot for several hours in a sweaty club you need a lot of hydration. Well, I do anyway. Which means you wind up spending silly amounts of money on water/soft drinks at proportionately bonkers prices compared to mixer drinks. As well as the cost of the drugs and the filthy sh!t mixed with them you're going to wind up consuming alongside. Non-alcoholic drinks are priced specifically to counter the hit on profits from people doing drugs instead of drinking.

what are drink prices like at ushuaia? im finally going to check it out on the closing and was wondering...

If you do that you still need hydration. If you dance a lot for several hours in a sweaty club you need a lot of hydration. Well, I do anyway. Which means you wind up spending silly amounts of money on water/soft drinks at proportionately bonkers prices compared to mixer drinks. As well as the cost of the drugs and the filthy sh!t mixed with them you're going to wind up consuming alongside. Non-alcoholic drinks are priced specifically to counter the hit on profits from people doing drugs instead of drinking.
Aye, you're 100% correct Kimay.
Never thought of that about the drinks measures right enough---you're probably getting at least a treble measure everytime compared to the Paltry 1/3 of a gill or 1/4 gill measures...Not that it effects me as I don't drink anymore:cool:.
Drugs are for mugs:):).
The only thing that I used to be miffed about though was whether the spirits were watered down or not??Especially in the often slated but still worth a visit now and then West End??

When I'm in Amnesia or Pacha I'll just order tequila as well. Works out so much cheaper over the course of the night and you don't need to bother carrying a glass around when it's heaving!

^^ I saw a post at the start of the Season that Pacha had started charging 18Euros for a shot of hierbas.... :mad:

stivi, drinks prices in ushuaia??? what they like? same as space mas o menos?
I was in Ushuaia on the 14th September and it was €12 for a bottle of Heineken & €15 for vodka and pure orange , I then started drinking the mojitos at €15 a go hope that's some use to you

p
I was in Ushuaia on the 14th September and it was €12 for a bottle of Heineken & €15 for vodka and pure orange , I then started drinking the mojitos at €15 a go hope that's some use to you
perfect..... thanks!!! :D

Know this is an old thread but thought it would be a the right place to post.

My friends and I are going to Space Opening Party and wandered what the deal with was with buying a bottle of spirits in the club (if you are not VIP).

Have had table service before in Ibiza, but not too keen on doing it at Space (too many rooms to visit! :)

As all my friends are vodka drinkers, think this may be the way to go as opposed to constantly haveing to que for drinks!

Anyone any idea of cost? And if mixers are supplied?

Thanks

Anybody ever order just straights spirits in any clubs?
In Space over the last couple years I've been drinking tequila shots at 6€. You get the salt n lime :D

Is that just for Tequila or? If so when you say a beer and a shot of tequila for 18 euros it seems more palatable. We had some of those 5 hour energy bottles you can buy before Sankeys last year and they seemed to balance out ensuring we weren't paralytic at the start of the night and weren't sobering up half way through the night.

Know this is an old thread but thought it would be a the right place to post.

My friends and I are going to Space Opening Party and wandered what the deal with was with buying a bottle of spirits in the club (if you are not VIP).

Have had table service before in Ibiza, but not too keen on doing it at Space (too many rooms to visit! :)

As all my friends are vodka drinkers, think this may be the way to go as opposed to constantly haveing to que for drinks!

Anyone any idea of cost? And if mixers are supplied?

Thanks

yes mixers are included though Red Bull is extra.

if memory serves for just a regular Carl Cox night last summer is was like 800 euros for 4 people. so being the opening party the prices will be higher. I'm on the Space email list where they usually quote prices for tables but haven't gotten one yet for the opening party this year.

yes mixers are included though Red Bull is extra.

if memory serves for just a regular Carl Cox night last summer is was like 800 euros for 4 people. so being the opening party the prices will be higher. I'm on the Space email list where they usually quote prices for tables but haven't gotten one yet for the opening party this year.

Hes asking for the price of a bottle of spirits over the bar. Well thats how i read it?

Back