Ushuaia has gone mainstream

Weez

Hi all,

Just a topic of conversation to have a fun discussion. I loved Ushuaia when I stayed there last summer and really enjoyed the mix of underground and mainstream. Underground for me and the mrs and the mainstream for mainly the mrs.

Out of the 7 days, 4 were dedicated to Luciano, Loco Dice, Pete Tong and Ants. This is in addition to the Ushuaia Tower parties of las tyear that mostly involved great music from Los Suruba, Jean Claude Ades, Sasha and others.

This year, we're potentially (key word) looking at Ants on Saturday surrounded by Armin Van Buuren, David Guetta, Avicii and Hardwell.
On the Tower side, it seemed that the cozy, super intimate parties might be over altogether.

What are your thoughts on the move? Just $$$$?

Yes of course $$$$
same here last year went to the luciano and dice party at ushuaia and they were amazing
but this year im not going anywhere near ushuaia. and it all to do with money, they make so much
more money when then have the mainstream djs there. they sell more tickets and they have higher bottle service fees.
Gotta boycott Ushuaia all together this year... ;)

What are your thoughts on the move? Just $$$$?

it's actually pretty simple.

ushuaïa wants to be the club with the 'best parties' and also the biggest production. when I say best parties, then for them it's actually pretty irrelevant if it's underground or mainstream. but the thing they want to make sure is that everyone says it was amazing. so they book the biggest names and also provide huge productions in terms of shows/dancers/lights/projections etc. all of this costs a shitload of money. ushuaïa is easily the club that spends the most money...but obviously they also want to earn money. so they have to make sure they fill the venue on each and every day they open.

now, last year a few parties simply failed. i'm not saying they weren't good (even though I in fact think exactly this, but that's not important), but both dice and luciano were definitely NOT busy enough. so here you go, exchange those artists that didn't bring the numbers for one that definitely will bring in the numbers and there you go.

that said, i for one am pretty curious to see how it's gonna go down this year. having pretty much the exact same music from sunday to wednesday, it's going to be an interesting one to see if all of them will actually be rammed to the rafters.

I'm disappointed. We're thinking of heading back in September and while last year I would had told you "we're staying at Ushuaia 100%", now, I'd likely stay somehwere else.

I am also curious about the music. Will Departures return on Wednesdays? That would mean same progressive/electro sound from Sundays to Wednesdays. The people that I saw staying at Ushuaia won't tolerate that kind of sound every day, I don't think.

Friday is still open too.

weez, believe me, if you like underground electronic music, the only ushuaïa party you'll like this year will be ants on saturdays (apart from ushuaïa opening and closing)

weez, believe me, if you like underground electronic music, the only ushuaïa party you'll like this year will be ants on saturdays (apart from ushuaïa opening and closing)

Why do they have the openings and closings as 'underground' but the whole season as mainstream?

Why do they have the openings and closings as 'underground' but the whole season as mainstream?

because normally the people that come for openings and closings are more into the underground sound... have a look at the line ups of last year's closing weekend - pretty much no mainstream artists on the island, but plenty of 'underground' heads.

Suppose! Unfortunately flying home on the night of Ushuaia opening but hoping to possibly go for a few hours (depending on price, set times and when we'd have to leave) fingers crossed though haha

Suppose! Unfortunately flying home on the night of Ushuaia opening but hoping to possibly go for a few hours (depending on price, set times and when we'd have to leave) fingers crossed though haha

well they open early and there is an early entry ticket on sale at 40€ which is not too bad!

But Stivi, it makes me sad! :p

there will be enough other parties at other venues around which you'll love :)

Hi!

Is it a VIP area in the front of the stage? As I have a general ticket and really want to get to the front if the stage for Hardwell!!

Can anyone help?

i personally think trance WAS mainstream music...a few years ago. EDM has taken its place now.

no, if they haven't changed anything very drastically, the VIP is not close to the stage. i'm going to say this one last time: the party happens on the dancefloor.

Back