Ibiza on a shoestring?

Im going to Ibiza next year, - 14 of us, but our party is me, the mrs and 2 kids. - We will have virtually no spending money, so are going all inclusive.

Thats foods and drinks sorted. - the kind of excursions we can go on are limited given my son will only be 15 months

So we hypothetically dont need any money! - but of course, the obligitory Estrella at the Tres Esquinas is a given, so will need a few e for that!

Great tips and I love this post! I did Ibiza on the cheap in 2008. I shared a hotel room with a girl I met on Spotlight. The room was a good enough place to crash after a night out and the a/c was good. It was about 125 euros each for the 9 days. It was so fringin' hot I hardly ate. :confused: It was mainly fruit, beer, water and the occasional English breakfast. I think I spent around 60 euros for food total...including a nice seafood dinner.

The clubs were our big concern, so we got dolled up and walked down the San An promenade. We got free wristbands but we weren't interested in those nights. We got some half priced tickets with beers, shots and free rides to Amnesia.

Another option was getting a few 40s and heading over to Bora Bora. I ended up meeting some nice locals and got into El Divino for free with drinks! There are a plethora of fun clubs in the San An Bay area with drink specials too. After my roomie went back to the States, I met a local girl that showed me the island.

It was about 470 euros spent over 9 days. My souvenirs consisted of postcards, flyers and newspapers. I think personality plays a big part in saving money. People are more apt to be generous with people they like. :D

Haha I've not been back on the spotlight forum for ages so I'm loving all these replies!! I know I'm about 2 years too late but I think this thread deserves a bump anyway since I'm sure we won't be the only ones wanting to do Ibiza on the cheap and I still think it's worth hearing folks suggestions!!

So anyway we did it - and here's how we did We managed to get a super cheap last minute deal staying at the Riviera hotel all inclusive, so that was a bonus right away (no tinned potatoes after all!!!) We kept the club nights to a minimum, just went on 2 biggies that we really fancied and we managed to get the tickets quite cheaply by sweet talking a few reps and rather than taxiing we used the free coach ride (scary experience that mind!!!)

Rather than buying drinks in Mambo for the sunset (which in hindsight I can't believe we ever did!) we just bought a cooler on the first day and filled it with beers to take down with us each night (and on our daytime island exploring too). On the last day we passed it on to a group of young stag do guys...I like to think they passed it on too and it's been doing the rounds of the island ever since :)

We managed to spend all our cash by the 2nd last day so just spent the last couple of days having a wander (thank god for all inclusive at least!) No money for taxi to the airport, so we braved (OK my boyfriend braved...I bus it everywhere but he's a bit of an Ibiza snob!) the bus - 3 euros each, took no less time than a taxi and picked us up right outside our hotel. That's the last time I pay for a taxi or a transfer to San An!!

Never made it to Formentera that year after all but anyway we're off back to Ibiza again this summer, and whilst I'm no longer a student and will have considerably more Euros to splash this year, I'm def going to keep up the saving in some areas (drinks at Mambo? ...yep, a coronita from a cooler on the steps outside) so that we can splash out on some nice meals and trips to Formentera and of course a night or two in the clubs.

What's your tips for Ibiza on the cheap? Tinned potatoes aside of course!!!

I think if you opt not to eat at the pub for english breakfast or italian or mexican or spanish food or argentian asador (bbq) for 15 euros every night....and instead buy at spar, eroski or even at that english shop thoma's greens... which is so rad!... i mean... who would have thought an english shop in the smack of san antonio... anyways... in order to save.. buy bread,cheese, chorizos, sobrassata the mallorcan bread is very very good!... ensaymada..is ok..tuna saves your life...wine at spar is soooo good! they have a great selection... the one in ibiza town the one I found was great... ham..of all kinds is just so good.. food is probably the biggest outlet of money...because there are so many restaurants...

Just dont eat during the year which will save you tonnes of money to spend on hols and your be able to fit in to clothes a couple of sizes smaller, BINGO!;)

...from another thread :arrow:

the little Spanish restaurant just next door (up the road) from Kumharas, called Moskorra (thanks McRackin !).

I was brought a half-roast chicken, falling off the bone, with chips, salad and a beer for the princely sum of 7 Euros :eek: :eek: :eek:. Absolute bargain, really tasty and a very friendly bunch.

You can't really complain at those prices and, given you get a drink included, it's a proper meal every day at local places like this for little if any more than a "long one" from Subway !

I've had to do Ibiza on the cheap a good few times (not every time) as I have no willpower or desire to stay in for weeks or months on end before I go and would rather go with a lesser amount to spend than not at all. I'm just rubbish with money really but always manage to go out there and have an amazing time.

I frequently use the buses. Easy and cheap to get around on. I like chatting to people on them as well.

Limit myself to just one or 2 drinks in the big clubs and always make sure I ask for a glass with ice when getting water.

Go out for some nice meals but don't blow the budget on them.

Rustle the odd snack up in the apartment (no tinned potatoes though)

Get drinks from the supermarket to drink on the beach or balcony etc. Bora Bora!!

This year I've booked most of my club tickets in advance and bought one a month as I know which nights I definitely want to do and then it's not coming out of my (not saved up for) spending money. Hopefully there will be some beach parties on too.

Ibiza can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be as long as you are flexible with what you want to do :)

I've had to do Ibiza on the cheap a good few times (not every time) as I have no willpower or desire to stay in for weeks or months on end before I go and would rather go with a lesser amount to spend than not at all. I'm just rubbish with money really but always manage to go out there and have an amazing time.

I frequently use the buses. Easy and cheap to get around on. I like chatting to people on them as well.

Limit myself to just one or 2 drinks in the big clubs and always make sure I ask for a glass with ice when getting water.

Go out for some nice meals but don't blow the budget on them.

Rustle the odd snack up in the apartment (no tinned potatoes though)

Get drinks from the supermarket to drink on the beach or balcony etc. Bora Bora!!

This year I've booked most of my club tickets in advance and bought one a month as I know which nights I definitely want to do and then it's not coming out of my (not saved up for) spending money. Hopefully there will be some beach parties on too.

Ibiza can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be as long as you are flexible with what you want to do :)

That sounds exactly the same as my holidays :D

Just dont eat during the year which will save you tonnes of money to spend on hols and your be able to fit in to clothes a couple of sizes smaller, BINGO!;)

in all seriousness, took a wee notion to try that, bought a tin of slimfast milkshake mix a few weeks ago thinking we could live on that for work lunches leading up to Ibiza; et voila, less pounds on our bellies and more in our purses......

.....tin is still gathering dust in the kitchen cupboard, oh well

we just bought a cooler on the first day and filled it with beers to take down with us each night (and on our daytime island exploring too). On the last day we passed it on to a group of young stag do guys...I like to think they passed it on too and it's been doing the rounds of the island ever since :)

Gonna get on this one for our next trip even just for going down to the beach as I can remember a particularly expensive first day on the beach in PDB a couple of years back where we kept buying drinks from bars. Maybe we'll end up with yours!

yea hit the beach parties!

they are free and fun and take out booze is better!

= )

i'm bumping this thread (not just because it's mine) but i do reckon some of the tips are still great even now that I actually have a grown-up job and money in my pocket for my ibiza trips! I might be passed the tinned potatoes, but a cooler is still my first purchase when I arrive on the island no matter how many cocktails i can afford now :D

i'm bumping this thread (not just because it's mine) but i do reckon some of the tips are still great even now that I actually have a grown-up job and money in my pocket for my ibiza trips! I might be passed the tinned potatoes, but a cooler is still my first purchase when I arrive on the island no matter how many cocktails i can afford now :D

yes for the cooler , i will buy one too (& one mobile too with smooth material, won't carry the cooler in the beach but let in car's toot as a minibar 8)) as soos i land in ibz , drop my stuuf at locatio n& will go to supemrarket to buy water,nrj drink,booze,food & fruits...

Staying one month in ibz , won't go to restaurants all day (except local ones, or cheap one such as Just eat in San an, can fry some gambas at my location...)

I will rent a car but it will cool too if i met people & share oil (drinks)

Bora bora beach & salinas are spot to get wristbands & guest lists

Meet some workers

Even though a lot of people spread their money in ibz (done it when younger), i take care of my budget because enjoy more keeping money when back to real life for other stuff (e.g forthcoming drum that cost 700€)
It's the nightlife that is very Expensive in ibz & not sure it deserve to be som uch expensive...

ps:i when my drum's skill will be enough good (in one year max i hope,) i guess a lot of stuff will be free for me 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: you may have just made my summer craig!

i'm with you mr parsons, ibiza about so much more than expensive nightlife and celeb culture. felt like screaming in despair when walking past ocean beach club last year. never would've believed people would actually pay to watch other people pose self consciously around a pool all day....do you reckon they'd let me in for free if i let people share my noodle cooler?

English food is famous as ugly food :lol: , can't imagine about stuff in can :eek:

sometimes people spread their money without being aware of it as their mind is ****thy because having taken too much things...

Having a fridge & material to cooks helps to balance your bugdet..
A car is required & it is not so expensive as you may think (cost me 12€ a day for fisrt period and 22€ a day 2nd period:i've just book for another renting, if you extend previous, it's a ripp off..) i guess people pay 40€ a day for regular car when they choose it at the airport but if you plan it month ago you have price with company such as Autoeurope
Another tip , i've just realised is avoid saturday/sunday for departure & arrival...my ticket plane cost 376€ (arriving saturday & leaving sunday), i've made a modification to be back on thurday:+55€..
If i have chosen a departure on Thursday /friday & arrival on Friday, i'm sure my ticket plane will cost around 200-300€ (last year, for closing i paid 230€ for tickets plane single/return)
Saving money on ticket plane & location & then you'll have more money for your ibiza journey.

@linzieMary
: btw you can call me GRAM PARSONS :oops: : an icon: rockstar of 70's that invent Country rock 8) ,died very young (such as Janis joplin,jim morrisson,Kurt C, Jimmy H..), Drug's mate of Keith Richards & cowrite famous Rolling stones song "wild horses" .

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it amazing that people are talking about a tin of potatoes 3 years later! They have passed into legend! F*cking hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is the commitment of British people to their terrible food!!! I do enjoy a can of new potatoes from a tin every so often, there is something unique about the taste of the water they come in. lol
But for my time in Ibiza this year I think I will be eating at Sissi's.

I feel like I should have tinned potatoes some night just to pay homage! Found a restaurant last year called ses roques that I loved - I've picked it out as my wedding venue when I finally agree to make an honest man of my other half! Their patatas bravas were definitely not from a tin ;)

I'm going in July and budgeting roughly 150euro a day. Some things I plan on doing to save money:

- Buy a cooler and drink at Mambo/Bora Bora (Cooler idea from this thread!)
- Stock up from Lidl on food for the 10days.
- Stock the fridge with Water and Vodka.
- Get the Discobus to Clubs
- Get the A9 bus from/to airport
- As for tickets, I think I'm going to chance my arm with reps @ Mambo & Bora Bora rather than purchase online. I like the flexibility.
- Going to try load up on vodka for at least 3 hours before hitting big clubs. That means Mambo -> West End -> Club
- Spend 4-5/9 nights in West End just on a cheaper night out.

Back